Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 068 and 069 batteries

hi guys

i have 2 bosch 068 & 069 batteries in my surf, can someone recommend a good place to get replacements as my batteries are done! (maybe 1 ok) ive phoned toyota garage and there quoting close to £100 each. ive also tried local motor factors and there no better at £80ish each. didnt think it would cost as much for a car battery any help appreciated

regards

mr angry

Cost me £150 for a pair a few months ago, didn`t think it was too bad, got two years guarantee with them, doubt you`ll do much better than £80 a piece for new ones
    Try these
    http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/buy...s/prod_53.html
    Last edited by schrodingers-cat; 15 March 2011, 14:30.

Comment

hi

are these batteries any good from the link youve provided?

regards

Comment

Dont know mate, it was more an example of price`s than anything else maybe someone who`s used them will be along with an opinion. Think there all more or less the same myself, how different can a box of lead plates in acid be.
        4 years warranty tho, they`ve got confidence in what they sell

Comment

Toyota Batteries

28800-yzzjc £55.32
          28800-yzzjd £63.84
          both plus vat
          total inc vat £142.99
          genuine parts
          3 year unlimited warranty
          MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Angry View Post
            ive phoned toyota garage and there quoting close to £100 each. ive also tried local motor factors and there no better at £80ish each.
            That is a bit better to be fair

You could try different Toyota dealers they seem to have quite a variation in pricing from what I've read.

Comment

i paid 140 for the pair on my 3rd gen from andrew pages in january this yr

Comment

I paid £138 for a pair, from my local motor factors, back in January. He originally quoted £150 but when I started to walk out he dropped the price by £12.00!
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Genuine Toyota for £170inc. seems fine, with service parts you can normally get a good reduction.

I got 30% of original pads and discs for a Yaris.

Plus nothing looks better than Toyota under the bonnet.

In my experince from motorcycles the battery life can be as much as double with a Yuasa (japan) to a Tashima, with Bosch being inbetween the two.

In the old BMW bikes they eat batteries and once more a Good known brand will last twice as long as a cheapo, with those super flash Odyssey batteries lasting even longer.

Just don't get one thats been sat on the shelf for ages, with prefilled car batteries that can make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                    Cost me £150 for a pair a few months ago, didn`t think it was too bad, got two years guarantee with them, doubt you`ll do much better than £80 a piece for new ones
                    Try these
                    http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/buy...s/prod_53.html
                    Bought mine from Alpha as they are only about 10 minutes drive from me. Really helpful guys too. Can't quite remember what I paid at the time but think it was around £140 for the pair. They've been on the truck for well over a year now and not had any problem.

Alan
                    If at first you don't succeed,
                    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

I've just put a pair of those batteries from Alpha on mine-they seem fine,delivery was prompt too.

With a 4 year guarantee you can't go far wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X