Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jap shocks?

Hi folks
    how can I tell if my Surf still has the original Jap shocks fitted?What are the main differences in handling etc?Will it fail an MOT?How much would it cost to replace shocks if not coverd by warranty?

thanks RobD
    Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Hi folks
    how can I tell if my Surf still has the original Jap shocks fitted?What are the main differences in handling etc?Will it fail an MOT?How much would it cost to replace shocks if not coverd by warranty?

thanks RobD
    you will see a wire going to them for the settings if they are the originals
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Procomps are from about £35ish for the 3000's

Pro's are the price, cons are you don't have the adjustability of the Toy ones.

As long as the car isn't to bouncy or they arn't leaking it will pass the MOT. If they are working you will feel a difference in the hard and soft settings.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I piddled around with my Toyota electric shocks no end- eventually deciding they were of little or no value. When I did a 2" suspension lift I replaced the stock Toyota electric shocks with longer/beefier Procomp 3000's. Only then did I discover one of the electric shocks was broken and not returning to full extension.

The cost of replacement electric adjustable shock from Toyota is indeed a shock- £175 each. You could put new ones all round for that.

(My 3 good electric ones are still for sale BTW).

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          I piddled around with my Toyota electric shocks no end- eventually deciding they were of little or no value. When I did a 2" suspension lift I replaced the stock Toyota electric shocks with longer/beefier Procomp 3000's. Only then did I discover one of the electric shocks was broken and not returning to full extension.

The cost of replacement electric adjustable shock from Toyota is indeed a shock- £175 each. You could put new ones all round for that.

(My 3 good electric ones are still for sale BTW).
          Phew,I don't have the adjustable shocks fitted.