Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Light

Hey Guys
    I have a KZN185 for the last 2 years - it has been good as gold. I have noticed a problem recently that I am hoping someone can help me with. The warning light for the handbrake comes on under medium to heavy acceleration for a few seconds and then goes off. I did put it down to one of the Aux belts slipping but all three were changed and have been readjusted after 500 miles or so. According to the handbook this might indicate another problem with diesel engines. This is the first diesel I have owned and I do not really know know where to start looking. I know that the handbrake is pretty much on the end of it's travel and new shoes will be next on my to do list. Maybe this lamp indicates I need to replace the shoes ? Any ideas ?

Best Regards Jack K

Its low brake fluid level.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Wow, second post in three years.

Post whore!

Comment

Warning lights

I have already chkd that and its up to the mark - but I noticed today that when I engage the ECT it doesn't come on at all - baffled !

Comment

the light is multi purpose, handbrake off switch, vacuum for brake servo, but if it comes on and off as the truck moves its normally the fluid level moving and setting the warning light off.

Unplug the level float and see if it still does it, they can split in time and get fluid in them or get stuck and not float.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

warning light

Thanks - makes sense. Appreciate your help Tony. Regards Jack K

Comment

Working...
            X