Auto Box oil pipes to Coolant Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Box oil pipes to Coolant Radiator

I've done a quick search of the forum, but yet to find the answer, therefore I am in the process of removing the Main engine coolant radiato,r in order to get it flushed and flow checked. My question is, if I remove the Auto Box oil cooler pipes that run into the bottom of the rad, will I end up draining the gearbox of oil? if so will I need to bleed the gearbox when reassembled or will it self bleed?.

You wont drain the gearbox as the pipes on the rad are a wee bit higher. You could clamp the ends once they are off, or you could just tie them up to stop them falling lower than the autobox and draining the ATF

Even if you did " accidentally" drain it its no big deal, you just need to refill, no bleeding needed

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      You wont drain the gearbox as the pipes on the rad are a wee bit higher. You could clamp the ends once they are off, or you could just tie them up to stop them falling lower than the autobox and draining the ATF

Even if you did " accidentally" drain it its no big deal, you just need to refill, no bleeding needed

Bogus
      Thanks Bogus, your reply is much appreciated, I just feared that I would be opening up a completely new can of worms by disconnecting these pipes.

Comment

Remember to check the ATF with the engine running & up to temperature & cycle through the gears a few times then check it's at the hot level.
        You probably already know this but it's worth a mention just to be sure.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X