sometimes starts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes starts...

hi everyone, do you have any idea whats up with my truck? (kzn130)

the surf has been stood for several months but now im ready to get it moving again.

connect the batteries and the surf fires up instantly, no problem at all, runs a little smoky but i hope a good run will clear any crap out of the pipes...

it will start again 2-3 times after first start then will not fire at all.

disconnect batts for 30 mins or so and will start again first few times and so on etc...

the only difference i can see is that when it is going to start the "engine Check" light is on until the engine is running then goes off. when its not going to start the check light is off.

i have ripped out all the Toad immobiliser etc as i originally thought this was part of the problem, but now i'm wondering if it might be the ECU.

i'm a bit stumped as i don't understand electrics much but has anyone experienced this before or got any ideas wherre to look?

and has anyone got a working ecu part no 89661 3D100 for sale? \i've been checking ebay and scrappies for ages!

thanks for any help!

I bought a truck a while back that would not start.I even offered the guy aqn ecu to try but he just sold me the truck.I put in another ecu and it fired up perfect and i sold the truck onto a new forum member who is choughed with it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

a nice easy fix that!! If it is the ecu, have you had any experience of sending them off for diagnosis and fix? any recommendations of a reliable company from anyone?

cheers

Comment

there is the ecu doctor in Plymouth that is meant to have a good reputation.If you can find a decent 2nd hand one working then you will only pay about £120
        see if theres another forum member near you with a kzn130 you can try the ecu from and try yours in there truck just to make sure
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          there is the ecu doctor in Plymouth that is meant to have a good reputation.If you can find a decent 2nd hand one working then you will only pay about £120
          see if theres another forum member near you with a kzn130 you can try the ecu from and try yours in there truck just to make sure
          thats a cracking idea! and thanks for the info on ecu doctor too

Comment

Working...
          X