Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio install

Members of the forum,
    my missus bought me a new radio for xmas and i attemted to replace my old radio, i managed to follow the removal procedure which is in the archives of this forum,the bit where i am stuck is the brackets dont line up with the new radio, just wandering what type of workarounds have you done to get around this problem, those who have changed there audio systems that is, the two sides of the radio are different as well to make things more difficult.
    Thanks

What radio is it? Are the brackets the original Toyota ones? If you could post a pic of the side of the stereo and the brackets you may get more help.

Comment

No brackets required as such. The screws from the original Toyota radio can be used to fit your new one assuming its a standard ISO setup.

You do need to take the dash trim off, and then removing the steel 'cradle' that the radio and other gubbins live in makes it easier.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i have taken the actual radio out, trim, cradle ect, its the bracket screw holes that do not line up with the radio, i think the brackets are the original Toyota one's as they screw into the bottom tray, i think its the radio i have, its a Mutant mt2300 and both sides of the radio are different i.e the screw holes are in different positions on each side, i thought about drilling through the bracket to match where the screw holes are on each side but not enough bracket to do this...hope that makes sense to somebody

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        No brackets required as such. The screws from the original Toyota radio can be used to fit your new one assuming its a standard ISO setup.

You do need to take the dash trim off, and then removing the steel 'cradle' that the radio and other gubbins live in makes it easier.

Comment

will do fella, the radio is aMutant mt2300bt
          Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          What radio is it? Are the brackets the original Toyota ones? If you could post a pic of the side of the stereo and the brackets you may get more help.

Comment

By the brackets, do you mean the big assembly that everything attaches to, not just the radio?

From what I remember of mine, there's plenty of metal to drill to fit your radio wherever, so I'm a bit confused. Photos might help.

I did this at Christmas, and fitted a non-standard radio scanner as well as my radio with no issues.

Last edited by Apache; 27 January 2011, 14:03.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i mean the brackets that attach to the radio as well as the trays that sit below it,
              probably the big assembly you mention, as i said before its the screw hole positions on the radio thats causing the problem,

i will take some pics later off the sides of the radio..there different from each other.
              Originally posted by Apache View Post
              By the brackets, do you mean the big assembly that everything attaches to, not just the radio?

From what I remember of mine, there's plenty of metal to drill to fit your radio wherever, so I'm a bit confused. Photos might help.

I did this at Christmas, and fitted a non-standard radio scanner as well as my radio with no issues.

Comment

radio Install

Have you looked at this tech article

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Toyota/PDF/869017.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by axelgs1 View Post
                  Haha beat me to it
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

By a tad more than 2 years...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment