warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning lights

can anyone help?? strange thing happening to my 3.0td 1994 surf.... when idle the following warning lights appear: fuel drain light
    oil A/T
    battery
    if you go to 2000rpm they go out??? as soon as rev drops they come back on.

Your alternator is knackered mate, same happened to me, do you get the ignition bong constantly too?
    My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

cheers, thought it might be that. got no bong though!!

Comment

can you tel me if it will hurt to continue to drive until new alt. arrives?
        also where do you recommend to buy alternater, timming belt??

Comment

I used mine for a week with the lights on, as for bits roughtrax or milners for surf bits, can't recommend them enough, Richard (stormforce), justbrad and a few others on here are your men for used parts from breakers.
          My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

thanks for advice and quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by surfs-up-dood View Post
              can anyone help?? strange thing happening to my 3.0td 1994 surf.... when idle the following warning lights appear: fuel drain light
              oil A/T
              battery
              if you go to 2000rpm they go out??? as soon as rev drops they come back on.
              I have just fitted a new alternater from roughtrax £125 not a bad price i thought and the delivery is always very good

Comment

even stranger

totally confused now!! Ive got no warning lights at all now, not even when u put ignition on. a bit confused as i fitted new stereo and that seems to be when problems started. is it something ive done/not done or definately f****d alternater??

Comment

As your problems started when you fitted your stereo, I suspect its something you've done.

Check your alternator is charging the battery before you junk it for a new one.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi,
                    I have the same lights coming on as soon as I start the car but they dont go out at all! is this the alternator to? or something else?
                    Cheers

Comment

It means something is stopping it charging. It's usually the alt, but obviously check for loose wires around the alt, engine earth straps, drive belts and dash plugs if you've had the dash aprt recently.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Alternator

Most problems occur with the alternator because people do not DISCONNECT their batteries before working on their vehicles. They cause shorts and earth problems, which then cause perfectly working alternators to screw up. In closing, ALWAYS DISCONNECT BATTERIES

Comment

Today I have the battery light and the Fuel/Water Separator Level warning lights on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have detailed the problem in greater length in the Technical-Electrical section.

Comment

Working...
                          X