no power 1994 kz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power 1994 kz

In the morning car will travel 200 mtrs at 5kph and then slowly starts to pick up. new turbo fitted, tps changed, once warm still slow to accelerate
    new ecu fitted,timing + valves checked,exhaust removed-no diffs, pressure leak tests ok, Sometimes will perform as if all is well
    Last edited by rhorton; 3 March 2011, 10:48. Reason: adding info

Afternoon

not much to go on from the description and without knowing which model, engine, garbox etc. it's going to be a bit of a guess

could be

1. vacumm pipes missing from turbo repolacement
    2. wastegate adjusted incorrecly on new turbo
    3. throttle cable too loose
    4. air and/or fuel filter blocked
    5. fuel lines blocked
    6. brakes binding

hope this helps

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Yep, turbo sensor pipe would be my guess too.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by rhorton View Post
        In the morning car will travel 200 mtrs at 5kph and then slowly starts to pick up. new turbo fitted, tps changed, once warm still slow to accelerate
        Hello there,

I bought a turbo to replace mine because the bearing is gone.. I would like to ask you if I will need to buy a new gasket set/kit or if I can replace it without it. I bought my 'new' turbo from a scrap yard with a 6 month guarrantee so it comes out directly from another car, the whole structure with the elbow.

PS. Is this the on or is this for internal parts?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=624&vid=1301

Mine is a 3.0 TD 1994

Regards,

Vasilis

Comment

Thats the kit you will need.I got the individually from Toyota 5 yrs ago when i blew my turbo.This kit will do fine
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Thats the kit you will need.I got the individually from Toyota 5 yrs ago when i blew my turbo.This kit will do fine
            Thanks mate, will I definately need to buy this or can I do without? and use the old connectors when reconnecting it.

As I see it connects in two places so whats the purpose of all these bits?

Sorry for amateur question...

Vasilios

Comment

Originally posted by alalas View Post
              Thanks mate, will I definately need to buy this or can I do without? and use the old connectors when reconnecting it.

As I see it connects in two places so whats the purpose of all these bits?

Sorry for amateur question...

Vasilios
              The only gaskets from that kit i never had were the 3 o ring ones and the 4 small ones.Its not as easy as it looks to get the turbo out mind as there are oil and water pipes under the turbo aswell and a banjo union oil feed that goes from the turbo to the back of the block.Be careful of the new copper banjo union gasket as it can get broken very easy or lost

Comment

The only gaskets from that kit i never had were the 3 o ring ones and the 4 small ones.Its not as easy as it looks to get the turbo out mind as there are oil and water pipes under the turbo aswell and a banjo union oil feed that goes from the turbo to the back of the block.Be careful of the new copper banjo union gasket as it can get broken very easy or lost
                My mechanic quoted me 3-4 hours 120 pounds..He will do it.

Do you think I should get him the gasket set?

what do you mean, you never had to use the 3 o ring ones and the 4 small ones or you didnt have them and you needed them?

Thanks for the help dude, will order the sump plug too that you said.

Comment

My mechanic quoted me 3-4 hours 120 pounds..He will do it.

Do you think I should get him the gasket set?

what do you mean, you never had to use the 3 o ring ones and the 4 small ones or you didnt have them and you needed them?

Thanks for the help dude, will order the sump plug too that you said.
                  i never had those gaskets when i bought the gaskets from Toyota.TBH my local Toyota dealer were very helpful and i ordered the ones they said i will need and thats all the ones minus the 3 big O rings and those 4 small ones. the ones circled are what i used
                  All the other gaskets i used.
                  I think £120 is a good price for the turbo change for 3-4 hours.It took me about 3 weeks to do mine as i could only manage very short periods at a time due to recovering from an accident.Also my truck was lifted about 6" which made it harder again as i had to lean right over to sort it.
                  The hardest bolt to get to is the oil feed pipe which runs along the side of the block to the back of the block.Be very careful not to bend this pipe or it will split.It's part of the metal convoluted pipe that fixes to the underside of the turbo.If you or the mechanic want a chat about it then ring me on 07974183876 and i'll offer any help i can over the phone
                  Last edited by stormforce; 14 January 2011, 22:39.

Comment

i never had those gaskets when i bought the gaskets from Toyota.TBH my local Toyota dealer were very helpful and i ordered the ones they said i will need and thats all the ones minus the 3 big O rings and those 4 small ones. the ones circled are what i used
                    All the other gaskets i used.
                    I think £120 is a good price for the turbo change for 3-4 hours.It took me about 3 weeks to do mine as i could only manage very short periods at a time due to recovering from an accident.Also my truck was lifted about 6" which made it harder again as i had to lean right over to sort it.
                    The hardest bolt to get to is the oil feed pipe which runs along the side of the block to the back of the block.Be very careful not to bend this pipe or it will split.It's part of the metal convoluted pipe that fixes to the underside of the turbo.If you or the mechanic want a chat about it then ring me on 07974183876 and i'll offer any help i can over the phone
                    Thanks mate, youi are very helpful!!
                    Will give my mechanic your number if you dont mind.
                    Will also try and call you tomorrow myself if I am not disturbing, to ask you about this.

Thanks a lot mate!

Vasilios

Comment

Thanks mate, youi are very helpful!!
                      Will give my mechanic your number if you dont mind.
                      Will also try and call you tomorrow myself if I am not disturbing, to ask you about this.

Thanks a lot mate!

Vasilios
                      yea thats fine mate pass the number on and feel free to give a ring tomorrow sometime.If i don't answer leave a message and i'll ring back

Comment

Working...
                      X