front brake advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front brake advice please.

Hi there, after returning from my recent mot with a fail due to the condition of my front brake pipes i could do with some advice.
    Have any of you guys fitted the braided kit from roughtrax and if so did you feel the benefit over standard flexi pipes.I never look forward to spliting working brake systems so any tips on possible problems would be a great help.

On a related note , while i have the wheels off i shall also change the discs and pads.This i have done before more times than i can remember so was wondering if the better quality discs and genuine pads i notice roughtrax sell would help ease my warping issues.

Having read them back my questions sound a bit daft but i'm trying to gather some info before i get the wallet out.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Braided or genuine standard hoses. Not much difference in my opinion. Quality of standard hoses are high.

New pads and discs will not prevent warping if the problem is overheating because of calipers which require a rebuild. They overheat because the pistons stick causing the pads to rub on discs all the time. Rebuild the calipers if you want better brakes.

Nev

Comment

If its the flexi bits then change them out, when mine failed on brakes it was the hard lines which were then changed out with copper by the garage doing the test. I also have used the RT pads which worked just as well as the original ones but lasted just over a year and blackened the alloys weekly, I've since fitted ferodo pads, (£29) which appear to be excellent in the stopping dept and don't leave masses of residue on my wheels, the truck still has the original discs and are far from replacing as far as I can see. H

Comment

thx for the replys guys.i'll let you know how things have gone when fingers crossed its all sorted

Comment

Working...
        X