Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd multi mode prob

hey fellas
    on my 3rd gen i got today the the 4wd dont seem to work off the button...but wen you shift it into H4L or L4L it seems to drive all 4 wheels fine.
    now wen the buttons pressed in wen in H2/H4 i only have rwd but wen i press the button again to let it out i dont have any drive but wen i press it again to engage rwd i get a clunk that makes the surf jerk a small bit wile stationary.
    iv already tried drivin a couple hundred yards to see would it engage but no luck

anybody got any ideas on where to start lookin for the problem??

thanks
    dara

Sounds like the actuator motor on the transfercase is sticking halfway between gears.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Sounds like the actuator motor on the transfercase is sticking halfway between gears.
      thanks for the reply bushy...anyway i can test the actuator motor??takin it off to test it wouldn be a prob as i can do most jobs wit the spanners myself

Comment

Check all the vacuum lines on the front diff first, and where they connect onto the solenoids.

Comment

cool ill check them so it'll prob be monday before i get to have a look tho..do they tend to get blocked/split or anythin??

Comment

Originally posted by Dara View Post
            cool ill check them so it'll prob be monday before i get to have a look tho..do they tend to get blocked/split or anythin??
            They could be perished.

Comment

ah i see...thanks for the replys bushy your a helpful one
              ill post back wen iv had a chance to have a look i mite have to pick your brain some more

Comment

Working...
              X