Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 3l head, advice needed

Howdy,

I found this head seems it comes from germany and has a years guarantee, wondering if anyone else had had dealings with this outfit?

Every other head I've come across has required a trade in, except Stevo's allegedly, which made me wonder whether this one is any good.

I am trying to get as economical a head replacement for my truck as I can, as I only paid a grand for it. Does anyone have any good suggestions, so far I have thought about the above one, a second hand one pressure tested and skimmed, or one from this company.

I know that this subject has been done a lot, but I would really appreciate some feedback as I am a bit lost

Cheers

give them a ring you've nothing to lose, being married to a Scot's lass when mine went and her not wanting to spend a grand she searched around and got my new one from other than RT/Stevo/milners and its cosher plus a lot cheaper, there's also the "cylinder head company". I wouldn't recco a reconditioned one but a brand new casting should be fine, CHC uses the same amc casting toyota use. If like me you want a runner go for it, if it blows again its to the scrappy and I'll buy a cheap runaround, I get you not wanting to fork out big bucks, as long as it runs fine it does for me. H

Get the gasket kit from RT to go with it and chuck it together its a doddle.

Comment

@ Hazzo

Thanks for that, could you email me where you got yours from, on morganmcmillan@gmail.com, if its not too much bother/unethical! and I'll check it out

Ta.

Comment

She got it from, "spares4you", online, not that I was happy at the time it arrived knowing fine it wasn't from RT, I thought about getting one from CHC as they were 400 quid with valves/cam fitted but she does the finance in here and cash was tight when mine blew, there was some warranty with the head but take that with a pinch o salt, CHC guarantees for a year if I remember right, but I tend not to believe any parts/car dealer nowadays.

I do recommend you service the viscous fan/thermostat/coolant system fully once you fit a new head and if you tow with the car fit a tranny oil cooler and an extra temperature guage. I reckon mine went due to the viscous fan not performing properly while towing and the temp guage never moved to hot to warn me, in fact I reckon if they do go to the red the whole Łuckin engine is about to melt. good luck with the hunt. H

Comment

Working...
        X