4runner clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4runner clutch problems

Hi ive got a problem on the 4runner that keeps coming back.Its getting air in the hydraulic fluid which causes the pedal to only come back up half way, then it crunches gears ect. Ive changed the master and slave cylinders and have just changed the flexy pipe but after a fortnight the problem has still come back,All the bits are new from Roughtrax .Ive checked all the joints are tight obviously and nothing had been changed /adjusted before hand. I have found another cylinder inline that i have now tempereraly bypassed so i can still use the car but am unsure what it does, it has a plunger/piston inside .Does anyone know what it is , does it matter if its bypassed ,where can i get one from if i need one . And i still dont even know whether this is the problem.
    Has anyone ever had this problem and how did they cure it.Thankyou in advance David

Originally posted by Singhabeer View Post
    Hi ive got a problem on the 4runner that keeps coming back.Its getting air in the hydraulic fluid which causes the pedal to only come back up half way, then it crunches gears ect. Ive changed the master and slave cylinders and have just changed the flexy pipe but after a fortnight the problem has still come back,All the bits are new from Roughtrax .Ive checked all the joints are tight obviously and nothing had been changed /adjusted before hand. I have found another cylinder inline that i have now tempereraly bypassed so i can still use the car but am unsure what it does, it has a plunger/piston inside .Does anyone know what it is , does it matter if its bypassed ,where can i get one from if i need one . And i still dont even know whether this is the problem.
    Has anyone ever had this problem and how did they cure it.Thankyou in advance David
    The extra inline cylinder that i havent seen anyone else mention on other threads is bolted to the near side inner wing near the bulkhead, and yes it is a UK spec car

Comment

It's called an Accumulator Assembley. I am unsure of it's exact function.

Part number is 31490-35011 for the Surfs but I suspect it will be the same part for the 4Runner. Kit part number is 04319-27020.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...GT_3102.3.html

Maybe try a rekit and see what happens.

Nev

Comment

Perhaps it Accumulates Cant think what for though. Ill speak to my friendly local Toyota dealer and see how much a seal kit is. Unless you know of someone else i could order it from?
        Thanks Singhabeer

Comment

Working...
        X