3 ltr cylinder hd replacement OEM or pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 ltr cylinder hd replacement OEM or pattern

hi folks i may have to replace my cylinder head with either a toyota or pattern fully built head such as from roughtrax, or milners etc for my3rd gen
    1997 3 ltr surf KZN185 any advice would be much appreciated, Rough trax use an OMC head are they any good?
    At the moment i just have bubbbles in my coolant but otherwise its fine and it doesn't overheat or loose water i have recently done a long journey 300 miles with no change. Comments please.

I see you are in Lancashire, which means you are not a million miles from the engine co in Stockport, who are renowned for selling and using quality heads.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by keithy View Post
      hi folks i may have to replace my cylinder head with either a toyota or pattern fully built head such as from roughtrax, or milners etc for my3rd gen
      1997 3 ltr surf KZN185 any advice would be much appreciated, Rough trax use an OMC head are they any good?
      At the moment i just have bubbbles in my coolant but otherwise its fine and it doesn't overheat or loose water i have recently done a long journey 300 miles with no change. Comments please.
      Why do you think the heads effed then if its not loosing any coolant or overheating, bubbles could be an air lock, are you looking in the rad or the expansion tank?

I had no overheating, no bubbles, steam etc etc but it was losing water from the rad/system and I couldn't find any leak, it ran as normal for more than six months with the rad topped up 1/2 inch daily. H

Comment

just had 2nd gen head replaced by engine company fitted same day mine stopped leaking coolant and getting hoter but it was cracked across all the valves running like a new motor now well worth the money

Comment

bubbles

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
          Why do you think the heads effed then if its not loosing any coolant or overheating, bubbles could be an air lock, are you looking in the rad or the expansion tank?

I had no overheating, no bubbles, steam etc etc but it was losing water from the rad/system and I couldn't find any leak, it ran as normal for more than six months with the rad topped up 1/2 inch daily. H
          I have got occasional bubbles at the rad and when hot has a fine froth on the water, can also hear gurgaling in heater, however i think it has been doing this for many months. i have put radweld plus in the coolant, time will tell if it goes any worse. I had a fiat head gasket go the same way eventualy the heater sounded like a washing machine!

Comment

These cars don't like radweld mate, that itself can block water passages, get it all flushed through, replace coolant and bleed the system, gurgling heaters contain air, check for leaks, replace or isolate the heater from the system before you start investigating the head. H

Comment

Working...
            X