Handbrake light on dash board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbrake light on dash board

Any ideas why my handbrake dash light keeps flicking on and off, i have checked the pads all fine only changed them 3months ago checked Res plenty in there handbrake seems to hold ok. total loss know??

Also when selecting 4X4 seems to take forever to engage anybody now why this is ??

Thanks inadvance Andy

3ltr intercooler 1999
    Last edited by a_hartley304; 21 September 2010, 12:53.

Have you checked the float in the brake fluid reservoir.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Cheers m8 no never checked the float will go and do that.

Just had another look can't see any float mine as a push fit top not twist,looks like the hand brake maybe lifting a tad bringing on the light found a lolly stick in there removed you never know
      Last edited by a_hartley304; 21 September 2010, 17:09.

Comment

afternoon all

on teh 3rd gen the push fit top of teh brake fluid resovoir has a dangly float thiny that makes the handbrake light come on if the fluid's getting too low.

When you changed the pads, did you check the resovoir was full and the float was free to move (they do sometimes stick). Also could be the lolly stick (not a mod I'm familar with) getting betwen the handbrake levrer and the switch making the light come on & off.

regarding the 4WD - mine used to take ages (flickering green lights on dash for ages) but the more I used it, don't forget you can go into 4wd on the move in a 3rd gen, the quicker it got.
        Now it's almost immediate unless I'm going too fast when I get the nice annoying alarm bell telling me to slow down before selecting 4WD

hope this helps

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

When i take the push fit top off the RES theres nowt attached to it should there be? it just looks like a rubber black cap only. The 4x4 drive i will try and use it more only using it once a week at the mo until weather improves and i can get out shooting more.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X