Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacking power problem?

Hi,

Sorry if the title is misleading, but I dont know what else to call it...
    So, let me first explain the problem;

I have a 1995 4Runner 3.0 TD (LHD version), without any major engine mods. So far, I have been pretty impressed with it and always happy to drive her, but after just returning from a German Toyota meet, I am beginning to have doubts...
    Compared to other 3.0TD's she seems to have less power and also produces more of a "smoke-screen" while going uphill... I had the chance for a direct comparison with another 3.0 TD, and this seemed to have a bit more power and was way less sluggish on the throttle response.

So, I was hoping from some help from some of the more experienced surf/ 4Runner guys on this forum...

Anyone knows what my Runner is suffering from?

Thanks,

Jesper

Hi, for a start when was it last serviced ?
    at least do the Fuel filter n air filter ...
    Probably could do with some Injector cleaner in the fuel tank after a service n drive it like ya stole it !!
    Good Luck

Jess
    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi when did you change your timing belt? if not within the last 100000kilometeres then be carefull when giving it an itallian tune up as i wrote my van off doing that when the belt snapped!

After you have tried the above suggestions, then search the forum with regards to egr valve, how to clean it and about blocking it.
      This has sometimes been noted with causing the symptoms you have described.

good luck.
      l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Working...
      X