Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD Light

Hi Folks - first thread here

I've just looked at a Surf (3.0 SSRX Ltd) that I'd like to buy. All looks and feels well but I've never driven 4x4 before. Now, the 4WD light doesn't illuminate at all, even when the switch is engaged. When the switch is engaged, I hear a relay click but on tarmac, vehicle feels pretty much the same. Is the 4WD knackered or am I worrying over a blown bulb? How could I tell if the 4WD is OK or not?

Any help appreciated as I need to know in the next hour or so!!!

you should have posted in the general section you'd have got the answer straight away, bulbs go in the dash so not too much to worry about, idealy you need to test it on grass or even wet tarmac would do, doughnut springs to mind. H

Comment

the 4wd will not engage straight away , drive a little bit forward and back wards ., yards not miles
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
        the 4wd will not engage straight away , drive a little bit forward and back wards ., yards not miles
        can be the case sometimes
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Cheers folks - I didn't 'win' the eBay auction anyway as it happens so didn't matter in the end

Kinda glad though as I found a really good one elsewhere through a small dealership in Burton on Trent Fresh thread to follow. I'm an actual owner now

Comment

Working...
          X