HELPPPP!!!new truck problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELPPPP!!!new truck problems...

Hi there just bought a surf 3.0 auto diesel.
    The tyres are dragging on slow tight manouveres any ideas? AUdible screeching like in a multistory car park type noise.
    The Centre console around the autobox is RED HOT....this doesnt seem normal...
    I am a girl please dont shout at me...just tell me if my truck is about to explode!????
    Thanks in anticipation....

you are not driving in four wheel drive on normal roads are you.??

Comment

its in 2H at the moment not in 4wd although that was my first thought

Comment

Has it had a suspension lift?

Have the front wheel alignment and/or geometry checked.

It's a good thing you told them you're a wummin, they'll be falling over themselves to help you in no time...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

you could get your tracking checked to make sure its aligned properly, bad alignment makes the tyres squeal

also put your truck in 4wd, and make sure the warning light works, I've know scumbags with 4wd problems take the bulb out and flog the truck on.

tunnel heat, they do get hot, it will melt chocolate left in the center consol pocket, you might need to compare with someone else's to put your mind at rest, but check your AFT fluid as well.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            you could get your tracking checked to make sure its aligned properly, bad alignment makes the tyres squeal

also put your truck in 4wd, and make sure the warning light works, I've know scumbags with 4wd problems take the bulb out and flog the truck on.

tunnel heat, they do get hot, it will melt chocolate left in the center consol pocket, you might need to compare with someone else's to put your mind at rest, but check your AFT fluid as well.
            pressed the 4wd button on the side of the stick and have put it into 4l and 4h and no lights at all.
            GET AN (AT/P red light on the fuel guage is this what your refer to?) when i select 4H OR 4L. Is this ok????
            nothing seems to light up on the little car diagram on the dash? or is this just when there are faults?
            Last edited by Rachy; 22 August 2010, 18:56.

Comment

Sounds to me like it may be stuck in four wheel drive.

with the transfer lever in 2H the button on the side of it should be level with the side of the gear nob. If it is depressed then 4H is selected.

If you don't get this sorted before next week end, I may be able to get over on the Saturday to have a look if you want.

Comment

AT/P light should only come on if the T/Case lever is in neutral, its a warning that even if its in P it'll still roll unless you have handbrake on.

Did I read you have a 3rd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  AT/P light should only come on if the T/Case lever is in neutral, its a warning that even if its in P it'll still roll unless you have handbrake on.

Did I read you have a 3rd gen?
                  Yes have a 3rd gen. Can I drive it or best not to?

Comment

I have the lever in 2 h positionbut the tyres are still dragging when turning fine in a straight line. When driving it feels like the 4 corners of the car are fighting against each other like a diagonal twisting feeling. Technical hey? I think it's stuck in 4 we but how do I know for sure?
                    Looks like I'm booking it into Toyota tomorrow!

Comment

I wouldn't bother with Toyota i would give Stevo a call in Stockport.I know he is nearly 2 hours away but he will be the best one to sort it for you unless you get it to TonyN in Basingstoke
                      I think Stevo can organise collection of the truck aswell and he is well respected on here for his work.
                      Use either of the above if you can't get it sorted more local to you but Toyota will rob you
                      Stevo's details http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

TonyN's details www.4x4toys.co.uk
                      Last edited by stormforce; 22 August 2010, 22:42.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Rachy View Post
                        Yes have a 3rd gen. Can I drive it or best not to?
                        It depends, do you have the multi mode 4wd (H2 H4 H4L L4L) or the part time 4wd (H2 H4 L4)

if you have multi mode, sounds like the diff is stuck on, if the other then it could be stuck in 4wd.

if you don't mind getting your hands dirty, removing the front prop shaft will make sure you don't do any further damage, and if it feels ok will prove you have it stuck in some sort of 4wd mode.

Comment

I think it's best Book it in to get a definitive answer. I have 2h/4h, h4, n, 4l with the 4wd button on the side of the gear knob. What lights should illuminate then and where? Think there is a bulb out or something. Typical our car which we did a swop for was in perfect working order. Whycant people be honest when they sell?

Comment

Sorry I have H2/H4 H4L N L4L

Comment

In the middle of the dash you should have a stylised pic of 4 wheels, with axles joining then.

There is an orange light in the middle, and the wheels light up green.

Its all off in 2wd, then it all flashes as any 4wd mode is selecting, the wheels light up green in H4, then the wheels and the center light light up in H4L and L4L.

You can drive a multi-mode 3rd Gen on the road in H4 without troubles, so if it is stuck, its stuck in H4L with the center diff lock stuck maybe.

It might make a small noises when parking or manouvering on smooth surfaces in H4, but shouldn't make any noises in H2.

Comment

Working...
                              X