No announcement yet.

horn beeps wen i lock the doors WHY????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horn beeps wen i lock the doors WHY????

just found out this yesterday does this meen i shouldnt press the key fob twice or is it alarmed or imoblised

i no nothing

PS.3rd gen 96 any one no where i can get a spoiler
    [CENTER][COLOR=Red]IF ITS GOT TITS OF TYRES ITS GONA GIVE YOU TROUBLE!!!!![/COLOR]] [/CENTER]

I am guessing as I don't have a 3rd gen but it sounds like a factory fitted alarm to me.

Rich.

Originally posted by chiz

just found out this yesterday does this meen i shouldnt press the key fob twice or is it alarmed or imoblised

i no nothing

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by chiz

i no nothing

Well mine does the same thing but does not seem to do anything extra, and does not deadlock the locks as someone suggested a while ago.

Comment

Mine is the same. If you press the key fob once it locks the doors, do it again it dead locks the doors and sets the factory alarm.

Comment

Mine beeps too on the second press. It does not deadlock my doors, neither does it set the alarm cos it ain't got one. Guess there must have been an optional alarm and deadlocks for the 3rd gens. I just thought the beep was to confirm you have actually locked the car if you're doing it from a distance.

Comment

The father in law had a 307 which would sound the horn when you double pressed the lock button, his would deadlock the car too - the Peugeot salesmen said that it beeped the horn so you could find it a crowded carpark ;-)
            Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

My after market alarm doesn't beep on the first press but beeps on the second press, the second beep is to say the internal sensors have been switched off so you can leave cute wee puppies in the car or screeming brats, or leave the windows down, but the doors are still locked and alarmed.

Some vauxhall's do the same thing I've heard, hope it helps

sammy

Comment

My pug 306 used to beep the horn and flash the hazards once on the second press of the keyfob. If the hazards flashed continually and the horn didn't beep, it meant that something wasn't secured properly. If you ignored the hazards for more than 30 seconds the alarm would sound.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

best way to find out if its got a factory fitted alarm, without you knowing is to smash one of the windows and try to nick it, if alarm goes off hey presto job done........this system of alarm seach also works on after market ones tooooo
                  if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                    best way to find out if its got a factory fitted alarm, without you knowing is to smash one of the windows and try to nick it, if alarm goes off hey presto job done........this system of alarm seach also works on after market ones tooooo
                    Your right. I just smashed my rear window and the alarm went off. It sounds the horn intermittingly and is loud enuff too.
                    Erm, anybody know where I can get a rear window from?

Comment

Working...
                    X