Key zapper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key zapper.

Is it possible to get a replacement electric door opening gizmo (zapper), mine keeps playing up.
    I have changed the battery a few times, cleaned it out and it still only works intermittently .

i phoned some one out of the local paper fixed it in 20 mins cost 60 quid
    thats with a new fob
    Last edited by JUDWAK; 17 May 2010, 10:57.
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

What type of person was it you contacted, a locksmith,a garage, ???
      Any info is appreciated.

Comment

auto/car alarms person

Comment

Originally posted by Cranfield View Post
          Is it possible to get a replacement electric door opening gizmo (zapper), mine keeps playing up.
          I have changed the battery a few times, cleaned it out and it still only works intermittently .

Do you know what make the keyless entry kit is? Serial number?
          Got a photo of the fob?

I'll find one if you supply some of the above info.

Comment

Here are pictures of the key fob.

There is no number on the key in the picture, but the spare key (no zapper attached) is numbered W1332.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

i have one that hungs off mi key
              my key is the same has yours but its never worked
              like i said i had one programed in for a cost but i was cheap has far has i understand it
              and that was a few years ago now
              see if bushwacker can sort if first
              if not phone a car alarm dude out of the local paper to see if it can be sorted

has the key worked before? coz mine never did

Comment

It still works, but sometimes it takes a lot of tries to unlock or lock the doors.
                There is a lock and unlock button and when you press them they each touch a seperate button inside the fob.
                I think the buttons are wearing (over 10 years old) and not touching properly to create the circuit necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranfield View Post
                  It still works, but sometimes it takes a lot of tries to unlock or lock the doors.
                  There is a lock and unlock button and when you press them they each touch a seperate button inside the fob.
                  I think the buttons are wearing (over 10 years old) and not touching properly to create the circuit necessary.

Can't find one that shape.

If you open it up, lift off the button's contact pads from the circuit board and clean the circuit board contacts (and the part of the pad that touches them) with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. Always works for me.

Failing that, a replacement keyless entry kit is only around 20 quid off Ebay.
                  You can still use your original keys for the ignition etc, but you'll have two seperate fobs for the central locking.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will get a keyless entry kit first, just in case the deep cleaning with my banana sized fingers is the final straw for the poor old thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X