Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window not working again!!

sorry guys

i know this has been covered numerous times but my rear window doesnt operate at all both outside with keys and with button inside car. i have stripped the panel off inside the boot since i cannot open the boot at all. i have also unscrewed the bottom rail across the boot where the carpet is attached. can you tell me what to look for inside the boot panel where glass is and where to look with the carpet off. ive tried the manual movement of the window wiper arm but all i hear is clicks from the relay both with keys and button inside car for up and down operation. im ready to torch this thing!!!!!

any help is appreciated and i have looked at recent posts but im a little stumped on wiring positions. if you are describing what to do please position yourself as if your inside the boot of the car looking out the rear window this way i will know exactly where to locate wiring etc...

i have tried to wriggle wiring both on the lock inside boot and other plugs but i dont want to make things worse....im too gentle

i did look underside of motor to see wiring leading into boot...its covered with a plastic trunking. im sure theres more than 1 trunking under car so where do i start from? i dont have a volt meter or any such tool to check for breakages etc...

kind regards me
    Last edited by Mr Angry; 14 May 2010, 12:17.

Hi n Welcome back Cammy have ya scrolled down n looked at the posts at the foot of the page ??
    Also check here
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=tailgate
    n at the foot of that page too ..
    Good Luck

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

yeah ive checked the recent posts but i cant get the window down at all both from outside or inside. how do i get the left hand side panel off from inside the car. do i need to take this off to check relays etc... if not what should i check first?

regards

Comment

you will need to take the n/s boot panel off to get to the window relay behind it.The window lock button hasn't been pressed on the drivers door panel by any chance has it.Also make sure the rear wiper is seated properly as that will stop the window opening aswell.Wiggle the wiper arm while turning the key to see if that helps to lower the window.
        If you need a replacement relay let me know and i'll send one out £35 delivered for you
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

will i need a new relay even though i can hear both relays clicking? i find it strange that both up & down relays would go at same time!

no the window lock is not on and the wiper arm looks seated properly, ive also wiggled the arm about while turning key but still nothing.

ive taken the back boot panel off from inside but since i cannot get the window and boot open can i access the relay panel and wires from inside the motor without breaking anything?

ive tried the obvious stuff so it looks like its either a wire breakage or possibly relays although i dont think its the latter!!!!

regards me

Comment

update.......

im not sure if anyone has covered this through images or other threads but if anyone has similar problems with the clicking and window not working then it might be the bottom part of the motor that has ceased! this was the case with my rear window motor as i opened the black motor part and not the cog part. you will see that the motor will have crap inside as did mine. all i did to get it working again was to grease it again and viola.

please be careful when you remove the motor part as the bushes attach to this and need to be pulled apart when reattaching...very important or its gonna cost ya.

with all the threads ive read, no one mentioned this at all, so i hope this helps! the only way i found this out is when i bought the replacement motor from the scrappies and decided to pull the old one apart. im now left with the one i bought from the scrappies as surplus, so if anyone is looking for a rear window motor just give me a shout for a good price obviously

kind regards mr happy

Comment

Working...
            X