Wind screen replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind screen replacement

Hi Guys I just had auto glass around I have a nasty crack in my windscreen.
    They don't have the correct one in stock has anyone ever have the same problem if so did they,you managed to source the correct screen perhaps there is an alternative company to use re the replacement of my windscreen.

I Have a 2nd gen 3.0 ssrx '94

Any light on this isue will be great
    Thx
    Gideon

Tell them it's the same as a 4Runner of the same model year.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Tell them it's the same as a 4Runner of the same model year.
      I did tell them that, but they did not seem to be sure that it would work as they have had a similar situation before and waited 3 weeks for the correct screen to be ordered from Toyota.
      I'll wait and see what they say in a couple of weeks time.

I just hope I can get it fixed here as the truck is due shipping end June

Thx
      Gid

Comment

Guys,

Sorry to jump in on this thread, however I'm in the same boat. I was booked in 2 wks or so ago and because of backlog / demand they could not get to me until today and guess what. The screen was the wrong one.

I too while talking with the call centre booking it in said it was a "Toyota Surf" and she said sorry that not one of the models on my "Computer". So I said 4Runner 1996 and she found that but as I said above its not the same.

Can anyone suggest a Windscreen provider in the Manchester area that might be able to help me out as I need it done for the MOT

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

This should help…….just do a search for windscreen part number.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...8&d=1082025100

Originally posted by whippet (think it’s the one you are after for the truck but double check)
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...en+part+number

Oh just thought the auto glass ones are on this thread about mid way…..

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...en+part+number

Went through the same thing last year

Rob
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me.
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=autoglass
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Its a pain the ar@e mine still isn't fixed (just some small cracks) that previous owner had put superglue or something in, guy at the shop said there was sod all they could do to get it out, but seems to still be working ok and the roads are rubbish over here.

Comment

AussieDrifter - Give Anthony a call at AF Windscreens in Castleton. He should be able to sort it out for you even if it means him cutting one out of a scrapper. You should be able to get his number from Directory Enquiries etc....if not let me know and I'll get it for you somehow.

Alan
                If at first you don't succeed,
                Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Windscreen All Sorted

Wiggy / Alamo guys Thanks very much for your advice and links

I was fortunate enough to locate BSG (Bolton Safty Glass) via Yellow Pages and talked to a bloke called Tim who knew all about the surfs and the import etc. He even knew that the argic code 8271ABZ6 for the import He called me back in 5 mins saying he could source one from London and it would be couriered up for Wednesday afternoon and fitted Thursday.

Well I got a shock when this morning (Wednesday) Tim saying it had arrived on the morning delivery and so got it fitted by lunch and good was that .

After knowing the correct terms to use in search engine on this forum and from the other links to threads I also found the following post regarding the Gen 3 Surfs Windscreen and Seals.

Another lesson I learnt was the following. When I called up Aviva to claim and organise the window to be replaced, they organised it through AutoWindowscreens" who was back logged and would take 2wks to get to me. I asked if there was another provider that could replace the glass and they said No. Well I have just found out is a load of crap (as I originally thought). Tim from BGS told me as long as I showed my policy and it stated the windscreen replacement excess 75 etc they could do it.

Cheers All, now just to get the MOT done

Regards
                  Mark

Comment

Glad you got it sorted...insurance companies eh!

Comment

I got a call back from auto glass today and they stated that they managed to get one from Toyota with my vin number and made an appointment for Tuesday to come and fit. I restated that it is a imported Surf and the tint awa the trim around the wind screen and he assured me they now have the correct one to fit, so I will wait and see, perhaps auto glass will redeem themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X