Replacing speedo sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing speedo sensor

My mates speedo on his M reg diesel Hiluf has stopped working, I've got hold of a replacement sensor but was wondering if somebody could advise me exactly where it is on the car?

Is it on the rear diff or the gearbox itself?
    Pics would be good if possible.

Terry if you crawl under the truck and look up by the rear prop on the trans box its just up slightly to the o/s of the truck.You need a 12mm spanner/socket to take the bolt out then twist the sensor to get it out

I take it tho you mean the speed sensor with the plastic cog on it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Terry if you crawl under the truck and look up by the rear prop on the trans box its just up slightly to the o/s of the truck.You need a 12mm spanner/socket to take the bolt out then twist the sensor to get it out

I take it tho you mean the speed sensor with the plastic cog on it
      tbh i've just bought a speedo sensor but not even looked at it yet
      I assume it'll be the plastic cog to measure the speed.

No wonder I couldn't see it, I was looking on the gearbox directly underneath the drivers floor pan.

Comment

Well I found the sensor after 10 mins of staring at the diff
        the speedo still isn't working though, It's either a faulty sensor i've fitted or there is another porblem.

Is there any other known causes of loss of speedometer and O/D flashing?
        Is it possible to test the sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry12 View Post
          Well I found the sensor after 10 mins of staring at the diff
          the speedo still isn't working though, It's either a faulty sensor i've fitted or there is another porblem.

Is there any other known causes of loss of speedometer and O/D flashing?
          Is it possible to test the sensors?
          Hey Terry - did anyone ever give you a response to this? I have the same issues and would appreciate guidance. Was it the speedo unit itself?

Paul

Comment

Hey Paul, have you checked the clocks & connections? Here is the link for testing the speed sensor https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...eedometer-died . Let me know how you get on but it's definitely worth pulling the clocks out if everything else looks ok & no faults from 'diagnostic paperclip' test

Rob
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
            X