Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacking points

lads,Lasses,

Just in the motions of refurbing my 14 year old badly pitted coroded alloys, i have refurbed both the front alloys via the jacking points at the front but as far as i can see there seems to be no obvious jacking up points for the back wheels, so my question is where is it safe to put the jack at the back.

cannot type to much as my fingers are numb, red raw, blistered..aaaaah, but it will be worth it in the end.
    they look like king kongs fingers at the moment!!

cheers
    Last edited by RAPTOR; 19 April 2010, 08:48.

if you got a trolley jack then i put mine under the axel or the trailing arm mount
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers fella, i was going for the axle route but just wanted to make sure it was safe to do so.

Thanks

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      if you got a trolley jack then i put mine under the axel or the trailing arm mount

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR View Post
        cheers fella, i was going for the axle route but just wanted to make sure it was safe to do so.

Thanks
        i normally put the jack under the centre where the drain plug is so it lifts both wheels up
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i dont think the trolley jack i have will reach that far, but thanks for the heads up on it.

might take a few pics of the alloys before and after, done a really good job on the front ones and just a couple of slight blemishes on the ones i have done (you have to get up real close to spot them), but to what they were they are 100% better, might encourage others to do the same, save a wedge doing it.

priced then up to be done profesionaly and came in a £260, actual cost doing yourself £50 + elbow grease of course and 3-4 hours each on a wheel.

for the rest you can use mastercard

Comment

If your using a 2 ton trolly jack, use a block of 2x4 or similar 2" high block, if your using a 3 ton or above, it should be fine. Least ways that's what I found with mine, don't forget your stands just to be safe.
            Neal

Comment

And if you do decide to use blocks; put them under the jack (under all 4 wheels and long enough to allow the jack to move), not on top of it.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the replies, not doing until Saturday so i will get a few wooden blocks to make sure.

Comment

I do it like this....
                  Attached Files
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

like his style, not sure its good for your life expectancy tho

failing that i could borow a FLT from work and do it that way

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    I do it like this....

Comment

Working...
                    X