Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen3 problem autobox

Hi All
    Hope someone can help just done a oil&filter change all goods from milners offroad. All oils filled to correct levels yet it seems now if going from forwards to reverse it ain't instant like it was before oil change, seems to wait then engage gear??. Also does this if i approach to a stop then try and set off it takes a 2nd to find it's gear? then it drives fine. Data for oils were printed off roughtrax so were all correct. This is on gen3 1999 intercooler.

Thanks in advance Andy

I take it you changed some autobox oil? Engine oil change wont affect autobox.

Did you check the ATF levels when hot? Did you cycle through all the gears and recheck levels?

Having said that, a short delay before engaging gear on the autobox is normal. Does the box work properly other than that?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yes the box works fine, it may have done this all along but never noticed just seems funny. yes checked atf when hot and cold and it's spot on, just wondering if i filled the autobox to much i pumped it in until it p*ssed out of the overflow waited for it to settle then did everything up.

Comment

on the ATF fluid did you put the same amount in as you took out????

Comment

Originally posted by a_hartley304 View Post
          .........i pumped it in until it p*ssed out of the overflow waited for it to settle then did everything up.

This bit sounds alarming.

Pumped it in 'till it ####ed out??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            This bit sounds alarming.

Pumped it in 'till it ####ed out??
            thats what i thought!!!

Comment

Yes atf was same out as put back in it was the diffs that i filled by filling till it p*ssed out then let it settle i don't see any other way of doing this is this not the way to do it?.as this got anything to do with it Transfer Box SAE 75W/90 1.4 Litres Drain & Refill there may be to much in this? After reading up on this most check while engine is running i have not tried this but it can only be too much atf i think or too much transfer box oil? will get it back on the ramp this weekend.
              Last edited by a_hartley304; 15 April 2010, 20:40.

Comment

Just spoke to my m8 who lets me use is garage and he says it will be to little atf oil not to much told me to bring it down in the morning and he will sort it let hope he does.

Comment

All sorted she running like a dream again, should of checked when engine was up at proper temp Found it well down we live and learn

Comment

Working...
                  X