Replacing Camshaft Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Camshaft Seal

Just putting my engine back together after replacing the head on my 3.0l. Can anyone please tell me the best way to press the new camshaft seal into the engine end place without damaging it - before I do?

Also as I have had the head go and there was very slight water contamination to the oil, which has obviously been drained out, when it comes to filling up again is it best to use a cheap oil to start with then drain and replace the filter again and add decent oil, or is it ok to go with the decent oil straight away?

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
    Just putting my engine back together after replacing the head on my 3.0l. Can anyone please tell me the best way to press the new camshaft seal into the engine end place without damaging it - before I do?

Also as I have had the head go and there was very slight water contamination to the oil, which has obviously been drained out, when it comes to filling up again is it best to use a cheap oil to start with then drain and replace the filter again and add decent oil, or is it ok to go with the decent oil straight away?

Cheers, Nick
    Cheap is a relative thing. I personally wouldn't put any cheap oil in my truck at any time. In your case, I'd put your normal oil in for a couple of hundred miles, then flush and change it (and the filter).

Camshaft seal should just chap in with a weeish hammer?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Cheap is a relative thing. I personally wouldn't put any cheap oil in my truck at any time. In your case, I'd put your normal oil in for a couple of hundred miles, then flush and change it (and the filter).

Camshaft seal should just chap in with a weeish hammer?
      Cheers mate, I understand what you are saying but I was only gonna put the oil in and run the engine until it had warmed up for a while then drain so no miles at all,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

if you have a socket the same size as the outside ring of the seal, use this and tap it in as square as poss.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I never thought of that

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Working...
          X