Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New brake pads

Hi,
    I have a horrid metal on metal scraping sound coming from my front brakes so I'm guessing the pads need changed quick. I was going to get the set from roughtrax till I found that after delivery and vat it was going to cost me £27. I've found these on *bay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HILUX-SURF-3-0...#ht_882wt_1042 Does anyone know if they're ok?
    I've never changed brake pads before but as I'm skint I don't fancy getting fleeced by a garage - is it fairly easy? How likely is it that I've damaged the rotors - will they need replaced - is that easy? Thanks for help all!

Never heard of them, play it safe & get the roughtrax ones.

For the sake of £8 its not worth it.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I doubt theres to much wrong with them, compared to any aftermarket pad, but they arn't all equal and you normally get what you pay for.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Aftermarket ones can sometimes squeek as not always a perfect fit. Toyota pads are around £25. Its a no-brainer.
        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

And buy a pin kit.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            And buy a pin kit.
            You'll be lucky, he's totally skink & worring over a few quid on the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              You'll be lucky, he's totally skink & worring over a few quid on the pads.
              Skink? Thats a clever lizard changing brake pads.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Skink? Thats a clever lizard changing brake pads.

LOL, i would'nt mind but "K" is nowhere near "T".

Its been a long day.

Comment

Unless it's thon Tunstall lassie?
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Its been a long day.
                    it seems like it is on your keyboard tho
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'll change them for you if you get pads and pin kit. I'm in Denny, Stirlingshire.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

hmmm might well take you up on that offer! Much appreciated. Maybe you'd give my truck a good once over while you're at it (paid obviously!)? When would be a good time - bearing in mind my brakes would probably appreciate sooner rather than later!

Comment

If you find uneven wear on the pads you will need a caliper rebuild. Scored discs will have to be machined or replaced depending on condition.

Nev

Comment

When i did my brakes last week,it was the first time i have ever done a complete brake change so wasn't 100% on what i was doing.I had a mate working in the unit next to mine who came out just to give it the once over and help bleed the brakes for me.
                            Now i know what i'm doing it wont take as long when i need to do them again
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Right - I've taken all your advice and the plunge! I've ordered the roughtrax pads, discs and pin set - phew what a splash out session!

Andy if you're still on for fitting them I'd be eternally grateful. I think the bushes on my front suspension are knackered too and would really appreciate your opinion on whether or not it's worth replacing the whole suspension with the desert fox lift kit from roughtrax (and if that's all I'd need). The rear suspension looks like it's sagged too and last time it needed it's MOT the guy put gaffer tape on the bushes to stop them crunching - not ideal I know. I suspect my truck might be a heap of sh 1 t and it makes me want to cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X