Front Grill removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Grill removal

Last post got closed for some unknown reason so here again.

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the front grill fron a 95 M reg 3.0td.

This is how far I got before chucking it in.

1. Remove Side lights.
    2. Removed and broke 3 retaining clips as expected..yes just 3

The problem starts here.. There are 3 large black plastic holders on the bottom of the grill. They look like arrows going into a housing which is fixed to the panel behind. Do these arrow shaped locators/guiders (see pic) just pull away or do you have to remove the brackets from the panel from inside the engine bay. I say this because when all the clips on the top and at the ends near the side lights are released the grill still seems very tight to remove. perhaps Im just being a little to carefull and a good wack with the hammer should do it..not.

By the way Im just trying to replace the o/s headlamp!

regards

andy
    Attached Files

Hi Alex.They are the same clips as the top ones as i just checked on mine
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Mate

Yes I know they are the same clips along the top and underneath but how are the fixtures in the pic operated ? Are they just push in guides or are they secured with clips that need releasing

Comment

Its been a while since i changed mine and if you are worried about it just undo the batt clamp take the bottle out and do it that way ...if i remember right tho push the tag down and give it a waggle to free it rather than the V shaped one that looks like you should press
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks Wiggy..Ill have a look this morning to see if it will come off. I think I will do a photo tech article and have it posted here. Its suppose to be such a simple procedure to change a headlamp..... but nevertheless can be costly if you force things ..watch this space

regards
          Axe

Comment

Its not actually that bad ....about 10 min to get it all off just remmember the little nut ander the headlamp 12mm i think. good luck

Oh anyone know about headlamp adjustment as the beams on mine seem kinda high? used to be a thread about it something to do with making a mark on the wall of the garage and the beam should be at a certain height..........and i presume ith the long screws on the headlamps that alter the direction of the beams?

Sorry dont mean to highjack the thread but thought it was running with the same vein.

Rob

Comment

Its ok found the link
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...eam+adjustment

Comment

Clip part nos.

When you break most of the little plastic clips as I did, 'cos they've gone brittle, you will need from your local Toyota parts man, 9x 90467-12040 + 2x 94067-12-20. The latter two locate into the protruding receptors of the griile bottom. I think they whole lot were about £9.

Comment

You can take the bumper off to make it easier..

Comment

Hi and thanks to everyones input. Job done...I was just being a little dextrus trying not to break the clips. I now know you just have to acept the clips will break...and thats what I did and replaced them

thanks again

Andy

Comment

Glad you got it sorted...just have to break things sometimes

Comment

Working...
                      X