X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this does?

Hi

Am new to this forum,

I am rebuilding a 1KZT from a 4runner and valve thingy highlighted blue in the picture is broken, I wondered if anyone knows what it does?

Its connected to the vacuum pump at one end and something on the fuel pump at the other.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

It's just a dust filter, not that important really.

Comment

Oops think my first post was a bit misleading!
      I meant what does the valve itself do?
      It has an electrical connection so when its activated it must allow the vacuum from the vacuum pump to act on the thing its piped up to on the fuel pump.
      I just dont know what happens to the fuel pump when it does this?
      Also not sure what triggers it as this is a 1kzt engine without an ecu.

Comment

It connects to the Boost Compensator on the pump by the looks of it. I am not sure what it does but will see if I can find some info on it.

Nev

Comment

Thanks very much any info much appreciated, still scratching my head over it.

I might well be wrong but i thought the boost compensator would be connected to the inlet manifoldrather than the the vacuum pump?

I can try and upload a pic of what it connects to on the pump tomorrow if that would help?

Comment

if it goes to a gismo on the top of the pump, then it might be something to do with the altitude compensator system.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It does go to a gizmo on the pump, its on the back rather than on the top and looks like a smaller version of what I took to be the boost compenstor which is mounted on the top.
              Perhaps it is to do with the altitude compensator system, I hadn't heard of this, do UK 4runners have this system?
              I cant think what could control the valve as there is no ecu

Comment

Originally posted by truck1 View Post
                Perhaps it is to do with the altitude compensator system, I hadn't heard of this, do UK 4runners have this system?
                Not sure, Non-EFI early surfs do. Got any pics of the pump?
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  Not sure, Non-EFI early surfs do. Got any pics of the pump?
                  I will get some tomorrow.

Comment

A couple of pics to show what I'm on about.

The first shows what the valve connects to on the back of the fuel pump, and the second shows what it connects to the vacuum pump.

Now I just have to hope one of you 1kzt experts can tell me what its for!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Try a PM to this member of the Aussie forum.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/p...ofile&u=101290

He has a 4runner 1KZ-T. I am not sure what the bit on back of pump is.

Could be the idle up actuator for air con but that's just a guess at this time because I can't find any decent diagrams for this.

Nev
                      Last edited by NiftyNev; 25 January 2010, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X