Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux 3td auto 4x4 problem

Hello,

I tried getting up a snowy hill the other day and whenver i switch to 4x4 or 4x4l the light comes on and eveything seems fine but when i try to drive the engine is making a noise as though the teeth of a gear are slipping and i can only get the rear wheels to drive me.

Is this the gearbox or the transfer gearbox and id i was to buy one on ebay, does the transfer box usually come as part of a gearbox? I.e. if i were to buy a complete gearbox rather than the tranfer box will i have all i need?

Anyother diagnoses and advice are all welcome

cheers

not 100% sure but if your requiring a 3.0l g/box complete with trans box i have one on the breaker at the moment i can get off for you.Its £120 plus pallet delivery
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Transfer cases are seperate units.

Are you pushing the transfer lever fully forward into 4L?

It has a neutral position.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        not 100% sure but if your requiring a 3.0l g/box complete with trans box i have one on the breaker at the moment i can get off for you.Its £120 plus pallet delivery
        I am not 100% i need them yet, but i appreciate the offer and may well take you up on it.

I need them shipped to bournemouth, any idea what the p&p will be for that?

Bushwhacker: yeah i am pressing the button for normal 4x4 and i am fully pushing the lever away for the 4x4l, i am fairly confident i am doing it right.
        the grinding noise appears when i try to accelrate. not when i select the gear. (though the noise is very similar to the noise of someone trying to change the gear without using the clutch)

I was told i will need new cv joints, ball joints, tow bar
        and may as well change the clutch if i am to replace the gearbox.

thanks

Comment

A pallet is normally £66.Just give a shout if its needed.I take it yours is an auto

Comment

A pallet is normally £66.Just give a shout if its needed.I take it yours is an auto
            yup it's a jap import 3l td auto.

would you happen to have the other parts mentioned by the way?

Comment

I have got complete drive shafts here for £25 each and i also have a towbar for £50.
              The balljoints i would buy new tho tbh.If you want these other parts aswell as the g/box i'll do the g/box for £100 and everything vcan go on the 1 pallet

Comment

I have got complete drive shafts here for £25 each and i also have a towbar for £50.
                The balljoints i would buy new tho tbh.If you want these other parts aswell as the g/box i'll do the g/box for £100 and everything vcan go on the 1 pallet
                Sounds good, so if i were to take the auto box with the tranfer box, complete drive shaft and the towbar would they have been checked beforehand? As in I would't want to buy for the parts only to find that they are in the same or worse condition than the ones i am replacing. Also is the towbar complete with all the electrics?

Would you knock a further "recession" £16 off so that everything is £250 including the pallet?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by isee View Post
                  Sounds good, so if i were to take the auto box with the tranfer box, complete drive shaft and the towbar would they have been checked beforehand? As in I would't want to buy for the parts only to find that they are in the same or worse condition than the ones i am replacing. Also is the towbar complete with all the electrics?

Would you knock a further "recession" £16 off so that everything is £250 including the pallet?

cheers
                  The gearbox and driveshafts are off what was a running truck which i was using myself before breaking it for parts.I'll do it all for the 250 delivered then
                  The tow bar will have the electrics aswell thats with it

Comment

The gearbox and driveshafts are off what was a running truck which i was using myself before breaking it for parts.I'll do it all for the 250 delivered then
                    The tow bar will have the electrics aswell thats with it
                    great! done. can we paypal this?

Comment

yea paypal is fine with me.
                      stormforce1067@sky.com
                      I will need a couple of days to get the gearbox etc off tho so when you know your ready let me know

Comment

My money's on it being the front Diff'. Don't think tow bar change will have much affect.

Comment

sorry mate are you pushing the button and trying to stick shift it in to 4WD? if you are this could be your problem. I does sound like its not engaged, does the truck move forward in gear?
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Mine was making a rattling noise like this and turned out to be the outer CV joint. There were no bearkings left in it so it was just spinning and not actually driving the wheel. That would account for your lack of drive to the front wheels. A new (from a breaker) drive shaft sorted it.
                            En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                              My money's on it being the front Diff'. Don't think tow bar change will have much affect.

heheheh, cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X