• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD Flashing lights

Hi all

KZN185
    3.0 TD

I've read many of the posts on this issue and have tried for ages to get the thing engaged.

Half an hour with the button in and out and in and out.........but no luck.
    Half an hour with driving back and forth engaging different gears (4WD lever and Auto lever)........ but no luck.
    Half an hour driving round with full locks and figure of eights....... but no luck.

Any ideas?

Or any experience with garages down in sunny Plymouth that know surfs?

Cheers

Jon
    Last edited by jonnyhicks; 17 December 2009, 13:34. Reason: adding car details

Update - Is this a vac pump?

Ive had the car up on the ramps and have found a small rubber pipe that had come detatched. The pipe was fixed at one end to what I believe to be a vacuum pump (can someone conform this) which is fitted on the end of the transfer box. I then found a small inlet nipple on the top of the casing just behind a bolted on bracket.

I cut the perished end off and reattached it.

Still no luck and still the flashing 4WD lights.

Any more ideas?

Comment

You could ask SUPERSURF - Lee's Autos, Mutley. He's got a surf and regularly fixes mine when I break it
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

hi yeah its a vacuum pipe which locks the wheels into drive mine has played up on a lane couple of weeks ago its fine now even when i throw the 4x4 lever in low ratio it still wont work check if ur pipes r ok i think there is also a slider under there that maybe stuck or so i heard maybe give the area a power wash see if that helps
        1992 hilux surf ssr-x 2.4 auto 2nd gen LN130

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Comment

There is a switch on the front axle that reports if the ADD sleeve is engaged until it does the 4x4 lamps flash the swich is only a contact type so easy to check with a meter also check the wiring between the switch and the connector attached to the bottom of the n/s of the engine as this was broken on mine and giving the same symptoms.
          For a easy check If you feel upto it jack all wheels off the ground and check from inside the car by earthing pin 19 on the 4x4 ecu the black/blue wire this will fool the ecu into thinking the ADD sleeve is engaged if the lights stop flashing then the fault is on the front ADD switch or the wiring to it.
          ionic SURFactant

Comment

Working...
          X