The shocks switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shocks switch

Yeah as is says, there is a switch on my 1992 ln130 surf next to the idle up switch. That switch has a picture of what looks like a shock and it has normal and hard written on it, so you can select hard or normal, what is is for? do your surfs have it?
    I tryed it but felt no difference, so if any of you guys has it let me know whats it's function please.
    Thanks.

Its as you describe it, Its a hard and soft setting for the shock absorbers. When you switch it you should get a green light somewhere on the dash when its on hard setting. Its quite possible on a 92 vehicle that its no longar fitted with the Toyota adjustable shocks, so the switch is doing nothing. Have a look at the top of them see if its a normal shock or if it has a doodad with wires on top of it. If original shocks they could just be tired. If they are ok and the hard soft setting works, you will feel a difference however particularly on cornering.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i checked the wires are there but it is not connected, there is notting on the shock to connect to.

Comment

Originally posted by TriniSURF View Post
        Thanks for the reply, i checked the wires are there but it is not connected, there is notting on the shock to connect to.

Trust me your not missing out on ANYTHING standard shocks are cr ap on either setting!
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Ok thanks. Do anyone has a pic. of what the shock on a 1992 suf looks like.
          Mines look strange it has three rings in it so it looks like three different areas to bolt on to the surf

Comment

Working...
          X