Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo, Fuel gauge & Diagnostic issues

Help!

Had to fit a new starter motor, which I did successfully. However the battery was disconnected for a couple of days and ever since the fuel gauge thinks it's a toaster. Took the dash to bits and fiddled with a couple of screws but no change. Since putting the dash back the speedo is about 22mph out. The milometer checks out ok against my satnav tho?

Tried to do a diagnostic but my box doesn't seem to be fully populated. There's no contact in Te1 only as follows:
    +B
    E1
    AB
    Ts
    Tc

Also WA is joined to WB

Anybody got any ideas?
    Last edited by Ace Piker; 17 November 2009, 13:59.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

With the speedo problem, I'd personally be checking that the needle isn't loose and has just slipped. With regards to the fuel gauge, earth the sender wire and see if it displays full on the gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      With the speedo problem, I'd personally be checking that the needle isn't loose and has just slipped. With regards to the fuel gauge, earth the sender wire and see if it displays full on the gauge.
      Thanks Matt, I'll check the needle. Being a numpty, how do I eart the sender?

Comment

Disconnect the wire from the sender on the tank and ground it, i.e: short it to the chassis or bodywork.

Don't blame me if owt goes bang though.

Comment

Disconnect the wire from the sender on the tank and ground it, i.e: short it to the chassis or bodywork.

Ta! Will do and won't!

Comment

Went back to basics with speedo, just took pointer off and put it back on in a different position, works perfect now!

As far as fuel gauge goes, I didn't realise I had to drop the tank to get to the sender. As I have no shelter I'm buggered if I'm going to do that in these gales! That'll be a job for some other time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
              Went back to basics with speedo, just took pointer off and put it back on in a different position, works perfect now!

As far as fuel gauge goes, I didn't realise I had to drop the tank to get to the sender. As I have no shelter I'm buggered if I'm going to do that in these gales! That'll be a job for some other time!
              I think there's a removeable plate in the floor under the rear seat to get at the sender.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I think there's a removeable plate in the floor under the rear seat to get at the sender.
                U Star! I'll have a look in the light tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                X