how much grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much grease

Hi all, im changing the bronze bushes at last, and theres a couple of niggly points I hope your experiences can answer.

1/ Roughly how much grease do i put in the hub before refitting the CV shaft

2/ Milners supplied the seal thats near the inner(large) bronze bush, and its OD is slightly smaller than the original .Will this still do the job ok? and will it harm to grease this as well?!

Just as a matter of interest for anyone soon to tackle this job, I found knocking out the old bushes a doddle using a 1/2" drive ext bar (9"long). I tried various long screwdrivers and chisels no good at all. Oh nearly forgot, a 4lb lump hammer too!! Couple of good taps and they were out!:

Well dont all rush to advise me! Lol

Geordies must'nt be welcome on here!

Comment

Hello Mike, sorry for the delay in replying, a good coating on the shaft and around the bushes will surfice before re-assembly.

The seal, although slightly smaller still fits snuggly into the opposing seal on the halfshaft so no problems there.

regards Mike p.s. im also a geordie, ex Royal Sigs and a grandfather, i also Smoke and have Cats

Comment

I'd love to help but don't know wtf your talking about

Comment

Many thanks Bonniebanks, all sorted now.

Comment

Working...
          X