X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper & Lower Suspension Ball Joints.

Hi everyone,

Failed the MOT Ball joints were Kaput!

I have tried to track down some info on how to replace them but not much here. Worried Look

Can anyone out there who knows how to go about it please help. I know how to get the calipers, off, discs off etc...... but what comes next. By the way I thought I will replace discs and pads while I'm at it.

best regards

Andy

Ball joints

Thanks Matt

Ill have ago at the weekend.

Andy

Comment

Upper & Lower Ball Joints Job Done!

Hi all,

Replaced the upper and lower ball joints, discs and pads. Not to difficult either, Just make sure you have a splitter and the rest is easy. Didn't even have to slacken the torsion bar off. Just jammed a chock of wood between the two wishbones, placed the bottle jack under the lower ball joint , jacked her up and one hit with the hammer on the side of the upper ball joint and she popped out. Make sure the wood is position securely between the wishbones!!! as it can pop out.

Another tip when separating the disc from the hub if you dont have a vice. Just use the wheel stud location holes on the wheel you have removed. Place the hub studs with the disc still attached into the stud holes on the wheel, stand on the tyre and remove the 6 bolts holding the hub to the disc. They are not tight either. Would have been alot easier if I didnt have to do it in the wind and rain under a brolly

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X