Saggy Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saggy Suspension

I don't know if this is a general 3rg gen problem or whether it's just that i need new suspension so i'm after a bit of advice...

Basically the surf is fine if there is just myself or myself and a front passenger in and rides well over bumps etc, however as soon as anyone sits in the back or i have a load in the boot the suspension seems to bottom out over every little bump and the recoil bounces the back about pretty badly.

So...is this a case of needing to buy new springs etc or just a 'quirk' of the surf?

PS if it is the shocks, i'm thinking of doing a 2" lift so what is the best way forward? I've heard the LC springs can do this?!?

Cheers

Our eight year old Surf is the same, even with our Doberman in the back the suspension feels like it's hitting the bump stops when going over speed bumps. I have fitted new/better shocks which has reduced the rebound significantly, especially when towing. Funny thing is though, from the out side there's no visible rear end sag even with the caravan on the back. I think the standard springs are just very soft.
    I'll be getting some uprated rear springs from roughtrax soon.

I fitted these shocks...
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=170&vid=1487
    Going to order these springs soon...
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=170&vid=966
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 28 October 2009, 15:59.

Comment

I thought it might be part of the 'character'

Cheers for the links...did you just fit these to the rear or did you replace the fronts too?

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
        I thought it might be part of the 'character'

Cheers for the links...did you just fit these to the rear or did you replace the fronts too?
        Just the rears, front is firm enough.

Comment

Cheers fella

Comment

Working...
          X