yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torn inner CV Gaiter(the one closest to the wheel?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn inner CV Gaiter(the one closest to the wheel?)

Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help a little worried soldier here
    My local garage has told me and i have also seen that i have torn gaiters, they gave me a price of £116 to do this, both sides are torn, this has been worrying me for 2 months now as i can not afford the job to be done yet.

Is there anything i can do and how long have i got before it causes major damage to the CV joint or what ever it is protecting...please excuse me as I'm no mechanic

I run about in the truck as normal doing about 200-300 miles a week with shortish journeys, everything else on the truck is fine!

Thanks guys!

thats a bit steep i think for changing the 2 gaitors.I would of thought half of that would be more like it.Put a thread up in the general section asking for someone in the know that can help you to do the job yourself
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/d...ile.php?uid=85 its on the homepage files

hope this helps!
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks dude....... i might have a go!

Comment

No prob! and i know going to have to do mine soon but it doesnt look that bad.......famous last words!! lol
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

This happened on mine and I went to Toyota and bought the repair kit. You get all the gaitors and the grease. There are two types of grease you need and they go in specific gaitors. The cost for the parts was more than you were quoted and it was a pig of a job, especially trying to get the inner drive shafts out. One side is very tight and you have to jack it up and down until you get the correct angle.

Comment

The CV joints closest to the wheel are the outers. Guess what I think?
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Totally off-topic, but nice to see you back online Andy. How are things?

Comment

just swap the whole half shaft with ones off a breaker from Stormforce , about half the cost
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Totally off-topic, but nice to see you back online Andy. How are things?

Hello mate. I'm OK thanks... Been busy on other forums (Military vehicle kind) and am a mod for another trucking forum. How are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X