What????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What????

Complete New Boy here, picked up my 1994 SSRX 3.0 (Auto) Limited on Saturday
    and have a few questions:
    what does the Idle up switch do and when will I need it?
    what is ECT "Norm" or "Power" when do I use it?
    last, I press the 4WD button and it shifts (forwards) into Low but doesn't shift (backward) into High, should it?

chap I got it from was not a 4X4 dealer and I got a good price.

any help very gratefully received.

WideBody.
    If you need a GOOD Electrician, call someone else!
    YeeHaa

Originally posted by Widebody
    Complete New Boy here, picked up my 1994 SSRX 3.0 (Auto) Limited on Saturday
    and have a few questions:

what does the Idle up switch do and when will I need it?
    Increases the revs for when using a high load such as a winch

what is ECT "Norm" or "Power" when do I use it?
    ECT Power makes the auto box hold the gears for a little longer like a Sport mode. Personal preference when you use it - some turn it on when towing to prevent constant up & down shifting on hills etc., I leave it turned on all the time. Seems to make little or no difference to fuel consumption either way.

last, I press the 4WD button and it shifts (forwards) into Low but doesn't shift (backward) into High, should it?
    You use the button when in high to shift between 2 & 4wd. Shift the lever forward to select lo 4wd (position of button not important - there is no lo 2wd). Only shift the lever when in neutral & standing still - button can be pressed when moving at up to 40mph (I think). Do not use 4wd on hard surfaces otherwise the transmission "winds up" (because there is no centre diff) & you can cause damage.

chap I got it from was not a 4X4 dealer and I got a good price.

any help very gratefully received.

WideBody.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Roger, thanks!
      If you need a GOOD Electrician, call someone else!
      YeeHaa

Comment

My truck shifts to 4wd (by button) upto about 50/60 mph....it tends to beeeeep if it won't allow you! My old 1st Gen did the same - beeep and won't change until speed drops!

Hope this helps!

D

Comment

Originally posted by kite surf
          My truck shifts to 4wd (by button) upto about 50/60 mph....it tends to beeeeep if it won't allow you! My old 1st Gen did the same - beeep and won't change until speed drops!

Hope this helps!

D
          Can be selected at speeds up to 100Kph, approx 62mph.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X