yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No reverse & slow forward gears help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right so they are the same then?!

Do any adjustments need to be made?

Thanks for helping btw.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DandyUK View Post
      Right so they are the same then?!

Do any adjustments need to be made?

Thanks for helping btw.

Andy

No adjustments, the same transmission is fitted to both 2nd and 3rd gen. 3.0 diesel Surfs as the engines are the same too.

It's the transfer cases that are different, but they are a seperate assembly.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        No adjustments, the same transmission is fitted to both 2nd and 3rd gen. 3.0 diesel Surfs as the engines are the same too.

It's the transfer cases that are different, but they are a seperate assembly.

HTH.
        Thanks muchly.

I will let you know how i get on.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DandyUK View Post
          Thanks muchly.

I will let you know how i get on.

Andy
          Well thats it, I give up. The meachanic finally found a gearbox with all the bits on, wants £500 quid for it, plus shipping and then the fitting of the damn thing, brings it to near on a grand .

Selling as is, if anyone is interested. £1350.

1996 Surf Gen 3, Light Blue and silver. Slightly jacked. Custom exhaust, big wheels. Engine sound, pulls like a train. Pretty good condition throughout. 10-11 mnths mot, tax Jan 10 (I think). Private plate inc. Pics on request. Will need trailered/towed away propshaft has been disconnected, so it can be moved.
          Previously owned by member but I cannot remember his name.(think it was Mark)
          Contact me through message, or email dandyuk@googlemail.com

Cheers .............Andy

Comment

I have got a kzn130 gearbox you can have for £75 plus shipping but you will need your trans box tho.With shipping it will be £145
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              I have got a kzn130 gearbox you can have for £75 plus shipping but you will need your trans box tho.With shipping it will be £145
              Cheers Stormforce, I will bear it in mind if it does not sell as is, we have had to get another car now (a lot newer), and wife wants shot of this. I just do not have the time or anywhere to fix it myself, even if I knew how. If there is no takers on here I will put it on the dreaded ebay.

Comment

Have you checked the VIN plate for the transmission code?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Have you checked the VIN plate for the transmission code?
                  Bushwhacker,
                  Where is it on the vinplate, what should I be looking for?

Comment

Its on ebay if anyone is interested.

Such a shame that it has to go, we've had loads of fun in it. But needs must eh.

ebay number is: 220494777210

Comment

Bit drastic isn't it???
                      The VIN plate is a silver plate riveted to the bulkhead in the engine bay with the engine/chassis/transmission and trim/paint codes on.

And where's TonyN when you need him, I would have thought he would be looking for work on here??!!

Comment

there's something in the water 3 of us have no reverse at the moment, i havent had the time to investigate mine further as to whats causing it..... truck just sits outside house till saturday...

Comment

just wondering and a long shot are the kzn185 and kzn130 ecu's the same or not
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                          X