Panhard rod bolt removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard rod bolt removal

Hi folks, started the infamous lc spring lift today and for the sake of me cant get the bolt on the panhard rod to bang through, got the nut off ok. Its like its been welded to the chasis and theres also a small bracket on it to stop it from turning. Has anyonre else had this problem or is there something i'm missing....please help!!!: oh forgot to say got the other side of ok.

According to Albannach you don't need to remove the panhard rod to do the lift, but I'm assuming you're fitting a drop bracket ?

Anyhow, try soaking it in wd40 every morning and night for a few days and then getting something soft (I use ally) to protect the bolt and use a large hammer to knock it out. Also try working the bolt with a socket to get it moving before using the hammer.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      According to Albannach you don't need to remove the panhard rod to do the lift, but I'm assuming you're fitting a drop bracket ?

Anyhow, try soaking it in wd40 every morning and night for a few days and then getting something soft (I use ally) to protect the bolt and use a large hammer to knock it out. Also try working the bolt with a socket to get it moving before using the hammer.

Rob.
      Thanks for the reply Rob, I was intending using a drop down bracket as advised in many of the threads but if soaking it for a few days dosent work I will probably just leave it well alone. Theres that many different oppinions on the subject of suspension lifts that my heads buzzing...lol.

Comment

I'd still fit the drop bracket - I fitted one on my modest 1 1/2" lift.

If the wd doesn't work just grind it off and buy a new one from Toyota.

Rob.
        Last edited by wishbone; 27 September 2009, 21:59.

Comment

Soak the bolt with WD-40 as Rob suggests and spin it to crack it loose then put the nut back on partially, so that it's left protruding past the level of the bolt end slightly, (and make sure you have a new nut to replace it with later), then tw@t the nut with a bigger hammer than you're currently using. Using the nut instead of a cushion plate allows getting more force behind your hammer grunts due to not holding something inplace.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            I'd still fit the drop bracket - I fitted one on my modest 1 1/2" lift.

If the wd doesn't work just grind it off and but a new one from Toyota.

Rob.
            Yeah I thought about that as a last resort, will give it a couple of days on the soak and then if all else fails, out comes the grinder, going out now to spray some more wd.

Comment

Working...
            X