Intercooler/Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler/Chip

I recently contacted http://www.allisport.com in reference to getting an intercooler mod fitted to my Surf, they were very fast in replying to my email, thought some of you might find the information helpful as I have seen quite a few people enquiring about after market chips and intercoolers. Ss of yet I have not had one fitted, I am however giving it serious thought... just trying to work out the time to get my vehicle upto Gloucester.

Subject : Re: Enquiry from Allisport.com
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for the enquiry, the Surf is a tricky one to do an intercooler kit
    for due to the lack of space.

It is possible if a little complicated to install a kit, but the cost due to
    extra pipe and labour is higher.

The other consideration is that the engine has electronic management meaning
    that you need to set the fuel to match an intercooler. This can be done
    using an electrinic tuning unit which acts in a similar way to a chip but is
    wired into the loom externally. As the Surf is an import, I will have to
    check the availability of the unit.

If available it will cost £390+vat and can be used on it's own to gain
    around 20% more power and torque.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Andrew

Keith

Thanks for that link.

Ive been thinking about an intercooler but dismissed it because of the fuel mixture problem. can you let us know how they get on with sourceing the unit cuase if they can get one, I feel a trip to Gloucester coming on.

Robin
    ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Originally posted by robbie
      Keith

Thanks for that link.

Ive been thinking about an intercooler but dismissed it because of the fuel mixture problem. can you let us know how they get on with sourceing the unit cuase if they can get one, I feel a trip to Gloucester coming on.

Robin
      I think what they are offering is just the chip, fitting & tuning as an alternative to an intercooler as this will give a 20% increase to power and better fuel consumption. In another corrosponence he did state that could do with getting hold of a surf to do some rolling road test etc... Anyone want to volunteer to be a test pilot?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Flop
        I think what they are offering is just the chip, fitting & tuning as an alternative to an intercooler as this will give a 20% increase to power and better fuel consumption. In another corrosponence he did state that could do with getting hold of a surf to do some rolling road test etc... Anyone want to volunteer to be a test pilot?
        give him my name!! hehehe!! i love chips!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X