Fuel Gauge Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge Problems

Hi, Problems with the fuel gauge today on a long run up North. The gauge moved from 3/4 full to 1/2 full within 10 miles. When I stopped and left the ignition on the level slowly rose back to 3/4 mark. Did the same again after I started moving again. Now after 175 miles it is still reading 1/2 full. Could it be the gauge faulty or the sender on the tank???
    Work to Live NOT Live to Work!!!

Originally posted by anderson165 View Post
    Hi, Problems with the fuel gauge today on a long run up North. The gauge moved from 3/4 full to 1/2 full within 10 miles. When I stopped and left the ignition on the level slowly rose back to 3/4 mark. Did the same again after I started moving again. Now after 175 miles it is still reading 1/2 full. Could it be the gauge faulty or the sender on the tank???
    Thats normal in mine
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

depends a lot on terrain lol downhill it will read more up hill it will read less

Comment

lol

This was on level motorway. Very strange.
        Work to Live NOT Live to Work!!!

Comment

It's not a fuel gauge, it's a random level indicator

Mine just seems to move around for fun, but most important thing is DON'T TRUST IT, it tells lies..........will even say you've still got fuel left when tank is empty or say not full when you know it is
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I've always said mine was a pathalogical liar.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Mine sits hard against the stop when full for 70 miles then does and eddy the eagle and drops like a stone to 1/4, get 200miles to 3/4 of a tank,then i get scared and fill her up again...
              also from 1/4 to full cost me £45 and that scares me too....but i love her.
              Left handers seem to give me more in the tank than rights, specially junction 9 onto the M5 i get 1/4 of a tank back for all of 15 seconds......
              Remember arrows are silent.....................
              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
              X