Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump now leaking

Hi Folks!
    Having a bit of a drama with my water pump that's starting to drip a bit....... First off i have searched for how to change a leaky water pump it and found all the info for a 2.4 which is great and gives me an idea on what has to be done.... but the 3l water pumps location is obviously different i.e looks like i dont have to change or mess about with the cam belt,,,, Just loosen or remove the belts to get at it? (is a pain in the a**e to do i.e takes ages or is it a garage job?)...still learning and not too bad with a socket set, and do i need any special tools. (i.e pulley (gear) puller) apart from the usual obligatory socket set, spanners etc...and do i take out radiator etc to make it easier to get at it or can i leave them in place?...

Im sure folk have done this before so any tips or pointers would be gratefully accepted as i need to try and keep the truck on the road for at least short local trips for now.

As always thanks for everyone's help in advance!

Rob

P.s Subs have been paid today so dont anyone start!
    Last edited by wiggy; 17 June 2009, 15:12.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Bump! Any ideas are appreciated

Comment

just had a look at mine Rob and you should be able to take the pump off with only just taking the V.fan off.The c belt cover can all stay in place and just take out the 6 x 10mm bolts.The very bottom is a nut then the 5 bolts.You may even be able to get the pump out with the fan in place but i think the rad shroud may be in the way tho and thats all there is to it.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Great should be sorted soon then! ta very much for the info....

Comment

Stormforce is bang on, he helped me out giving the same info. It came off just as he said.

Cheers mate

Ps the radiator cowling is the git, bottom bolt on the left near the power steering bits just no room to get my hands in.

Just out of interest i have just picked up the gasket from toyota and it isnt listed as the waterpump gasket its a flange gasket between the pump as we see it and a seperate block type casining that fits on to the engine block. just to save you getting the wrong gasket

Comment

I used a 6" extension bar and ratchet to get to that bottom bolt.I forgot all about that one to be honest being a sod to get out.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Done my water pump now i have started to take the startermotor off WTF how the hell ********** well its on my kitchen side gonna start refurbing it god knows how im gonna get it back on

Comment

mine went back easier than getting it out, my son held it as I did the bolts back up. H

Comment

Yup Stormforce was spot on & so was Hazzo about the Shroud (managed to break mine when i had to dismantle it the first time and its now held together with a small clip which means its much easier for getting on & off).......... and all in all done within an hour with belts changed etc (bit of a muppet when it comes to car stuff!) & so far so good just got to figure out how to get the power steering pump off and replaced and try and figure out how to get my back speakers working as i cant seem to match a wiring diagram to the wires in the truck.......... feel like another thread coming on!......... but just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the info as i'm kinda stuck out here and dont have much experience. Cheers folks

Comment

Working...
                  X