No announcement yet.

New fan,now to much heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An intercooler scoop is catching airflow and forcing it through the intercooler to cool the intake air before it reaches the combustion chamber.

Rearward facing vents release under bonnet heat and airflow through the radiator is more efficient because the hot air in the engine bay can escape quicker.

Top mounted intercoolers only really work when the vehicle is travelling at speed because when stationary, heat soak from the engine below renders the intercooler practically useless. Fitting bonnet vents helps a little by releasing the engine heat.

Comment

Ah!!!!! now I understand, thanks guys.

Gman.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

has anyone fitted a induction scoop before? i can't find anypictures of a 4runner or surf with one. or does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on what kind/shape i should get? i don't want anything to big or else i won't be able to see over it.

Comment

See post #13.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            An intercooler scoop is catching airflow and forcing it through the intercooler to cool the intake air before it reaches the combustion chamber.

Rearward facing vents release under bonnet heat and airflow through the radiator is more efficient because the hot air in the engine bay can escape quicker.

Top mounted intercoolers only really work when the vehicle is travelling at speed because when stationary, heat soak from the engine below renders the intercooler practically useless. Fitting bonnet vents helps a little by releasing the engine heat.
            I just saw your induction scoop on yotatech, and i love it! the lexus grill is a nice touch to. where did you get your scoop from?

Comment

Thanks, I fabricated it myself, it's all steel.
              The biggest issue with the Lexus V8 in the Surf's/4Runner's engine compartment is cooling. There isn't enough room to fit the viscous fan so an electric pusher fan behind the grille is used. I created the vented bonnet to release some heat.

Comment

Another method you can use it to place some washers under the bolts that hold the Hood on to the car thus raising the back edge of the hood giving you the same effect of putting a rearward facing scoop on..You may need to get longer bolts but it saves cutting the hood
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo View Post
                  Another method you can use it to place some washers under the bolts that hold the Hood on to the car thus raising the back edge of the hood giving you the same effect of putting a rearward facing scoop on..You may need to get longer bolts but it saves cutting the hood
                  I seem to recall him mentioning in another thread that he was trying to avoid doing that. Knowing my memory though, I could be thinking of the completely wrong person.

Comment

Working...
                  X