Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd issue

Right, found my first problem with my new purchase
    In 2wd i'm getting a clicking from the front wheels on full lock and in 4wd it makes some fairly loud knocks and seems to almost lock the inside front wheel like its siezed but again only on full lock. Drives fine in a straight line and on light to mid lock. Could this be cv joints or something more sinister?

Originally posted by nomis View Post
    Right, found my first problem with my new purchase
    In 2wd i'm getting a clicking from the front wheels on full lock and in 4wd it makes some fairly loud knocks and seems to almost lock the inside front wheel like its siezed but again only on full lock. Drives fine in a straight line and on light to mid lock. Could this be cv joints or something more sinister?
    It would if you put your vehicle details in your profile so we know which truck you have
    Where are you testing the 4 wheel drive system on Tarmac or in a field/ offroad, as you should not run 4x4 on the tarmac as you will run the risk of winding up the transmission and trashing it

Comment

Yeah it would help wouldn't it. Its a 93 4-runner 3.0td manual. It says in the hand book to run the 4wd for 10 miles every month so thought i would give it a run today. Yes it was on tarmac. You can tell i'm a 4x4 virgin cant you? stupid boy I've had 3 4x4 cars but were obviously permanently 4x4. As soon as it felt 'wrong' in 4x4 on lock i disengaged it so dont think i've hurt it. Still clicks in 2wd on full lock so is that the cv's?

Comment

more than likely the cv's......when you do the put it in 4wd bit again,make sure you are on soft ground.and enjoy
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X