3.0 l KNZ185 LOOSING WATER...HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 l KNZ185 LOOSING WATER...HELP!!!!

Hi, had problems with hilux loosing water from radiator, it was pushing out through overflow pipe back into reservoir, that was filling then overflow into engine bay. Thought radiator had a hole in top near neck so put new radiator in & new cap. Also had full service. Came down M1 last night and same thing has happened, water is coming out from radiator overflow and emptying radiator,Has anyone any ideas?...
    ANTZ

Oh dear,

Mine did the same, it would tick over all day without any problems, but if i drove it around it would do what you`re saying, tried flushing cooling system, still was the same, the top hose was rock hard, cooling system pressurised.

so headgasket would be next culprit, pulled the head off, did`nt look too bad, although there was signs of rust on it so something leaking, anyway i decided to play safe, i have replaced the head with a new one, not recon! new radiator (this had been repaired), headgasket headbolts, thermastat etc.

now runs great....

maybe worth going to a garage for a sniff test on the cooling system, see if there is any fuel or gases in it before you start buying bits..

Comment

oh deep joy...so radiator was probably ok?
      ANTZ

Comment

Working...
      X