Clear All

• tailgate lock

hi can anyone help me
    My tailgate will not lock and appears to be a sealed unit
    does anyone know where I can get a replacement its a gen 3
    any help will be appreciated

regard grant

afternoon tonkatoy

don't want to miss the obvious but you aren't trying to lock the tailgate with theb key in the tailgate lock are you - that's only for lowering & raising the tailgate window.

To lock the tailgate (and everything else) lock by the drivers side, or key fob if you have keyless entry. if yoy try to lock using the passenger side you will only lock that door

If that doesn't work it may just be a seperated rod in the tailgate, remove the interior panel, have a feel around and you shold be able to tell if one of the rods has come adrift, just re-fit into the green collar & slip on a tie-wrap, job done

hope this helps

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

thanks Hawaii

thanks for the advice
      its the actual locking mechanism that isnt locking.

I will take the back off when I have some time and look under the panel
      could you tell me what the rods look like
      I know I sound thick but thats because I probably am?
      I would appreciate any further advice re; my 3rd gen
      will feed back when I try to fix the problem

thanks again
      Grant

Comment

afternoon tonkatoy

no problem - just whipped the interior panel off mine and there are 2 rods - they both look like bent bits of a wire coathanger.

The longer one comes off the lock and vanishes into the depths of the tailgate but it clips onto a yellow plastic receiver, the other rod, shorter tis time, goes the same ish way but this connects to a green receiver.

I assume one is to trip the window going up & down thingy so the other must be part of the central locking - If I remember right, the rods that connect the locks to solenoids in the front doors also use the green receiver so, if the japs are as clever as we all know they are i would guess at the shorter rod - but it's only a guess.

hope this helps

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
        X