Toyota battery parts numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota battery parts numbers?

Firstly, apolagies for posting such a basic question. I'm sure its been asked and dealt with a million times over, but my searches don't seem to be hitting the right mark.

Probably eighteen months ago, I needed two new batteries. I know a guy that works in the trade and he got me a couple of "cheapos". They might now be proving to be a false economy, because already i've had to top up a dry cell and they are running a little sluggishly on morning starts. The previous batteries might have been origionals, but in any case I only recal having to top them up once in the five years I'd had the vehicle, so I guess having dry cells this soon might suggest they are already on their way out?

Okay. To the question. Can anyone give me the parts numbers for Toyota batteries please? When I called them before, I had all sorts of dramas, the result being, I opted for the cheap ones, just to keep me on the road. Rather than the saga of chassis numbers not appearing on their database [they appear for certain parts counter personell, but not others], I'd like to just order the proper batteries by their respective numbers, assuming the genuine ones are still competitively priced?

If my profile shows that I'm not a subscriber, then please don't take the hump! I have previously paid a subscription, and I'm willing to keep doing so, but I honestly couldn't remember whether the payment was automatically recurring or not. I guess I won't know until I've hit "submit".

Check out this thread..... page 3 I think !!!
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=53738

Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for that info Diezel. It was on page four, but as the other stuff about gas assisted bonnet props was interesting too it was of no consequence.

068 for the passenger side.
      069 for the driver's side.

Comment

I don't think they're the specific Toyota no.s though. They're more likely some kind of 'universal' fitting no's that a normal motor factor would use.

If you want definite Toyota numbers give Hill's of Bishop's Stortford a ring and ask to speak to Paul in parts. He'll definitely be able to give you the part no's as he sold me mine.

01279 654335

Comment

Ahhhh. The batteries are ailing, but not yet dead, so I've yet to order the new ones. The plan was to do it this afternoon, with a view to getting them fitted on Monday. I'll phone Paul on that number, then once I have the codes, I can get them from my own local dealer, so thanks for that.

It shouldn't be a drama getting batteries from Toyota I know, but, there is a but! Although I've had stuff done at the main dealers before, and the service has always been excellent, the last time I attempted to order batteries from them the guy at the end of the phone had a loose connection himself. I guess a dealership is only ever as good as the individuals you have to deal with and on that occassion the guy point blank refused to sell me batteries for a Surf that he refused to aknowledge existed on any database. Strangely, a few weeks previously, the same dealership had quite happily changed a complete ignition barrel, cutting it to origional key spec, all done via chassis numbers etc cross-referrenced via their database

Anyway, rant over [kinda went into one there didn't I?]. I'll get onto it now. Cheers again.

Comment

Toyota numbers:
            570 029 054 passenger side and 570 024 054 driver's side.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Toyota numbers:
              570 029 054 passenger side and 570 024 054 driver's side.
              was actually looking for these numbers!
              dont we just love this forum!

now are the part number the same part number for batteries fitted on a 3.0td Hilux 1995?

Cheers

Comment

Yes.

Comment

price update

i just got 2 from my local toyota dealer, 3 year warranty and £130 inc vat for the pair.

actually the cheapest i could find including all the factors and i am in the trade!

always avoid halfords!

Comment

Working...
                  X