Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braking Judder on KZN185

Hello All,

I have recently been having trouble with the brakes sticking on our Surf so when it had it's MOT it had the master brake cylinder replaced (at great expense). The brakes no longer seem to stick but when I brake firmly (ish) or brake going downhill or towing there is quite a bad judder through the whole car.

I don't remember it ever doing this before!

Does anyone know what may be causing this and could recommend a good garage near Cheltenham way that may be able to fix it?

Please don't suggest doing it myself as however easy I am a useless girl and would prefer it done right!

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Dobble

If the brakes were sticking before, then the discs are probably warped due to excessive heat generated. Can't see how replacing the master cylinder would cure that though.

Anyhoo, you can get discs here.....http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=171

If you drive over to the forest of dean next week-end, you'll get them fitted for free.

See the 'tech week-end thread.

Comment

Thanks!

The garage we took it too said that the master cylinder was probably leaking and that was why the brakes were sticking.

I think he probably didn't really have a clue and was just hoping for the best, to be fair the brakes have stopped sticking. They would just come on at random as you were driving along so quite annoying really!

Don't think I will be able to get to Forest of Dean (thanks for suggestion though) so if anyone can recommend a good mechanic I'd be grateful.
      Last edited by Dobble; 20 March 2009, 20:00.

Comment

Working...
      X