Pesky Electrical Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesky Electrical Fault

My 3l 2nd Gen has got an electrical fault that is becoming a pain. When it has been running for 5 mins every bump causes a intermittent "misfire", momentarily dropping the feed to the ignition or diesel pump.

Where is the diesel cut off valve?

Also when in reverse it does it everytime I try to accelerate. It will roll back on its own accord quite happily.

Any suggestions before I get an autosparks involved. Definately not the immobilser, I checked all the connections and they are fine.
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Check the earths on the inner wings, and the wiring around the back of the diesel pump area and see if there's any wiring or electrical connectors obviously loose or worn or gone brittle.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
      My 3l 2nd Gen has got an electrical fault that is becoming a pain. When it has been running for 5 mins every bump causes a intermittent "misfire", momentarily dropping the feed to the ignition or diesel pump.

Where is the diesel cut off valve?

Also when in reverse it does it everytime I try to accelerate. It will roll back on its own accord quite happily.

Any suggestions before I get an autosparks involved. Definately not the immobilser, I checked all the connections and they are fine.
      Hey Danno, longtime no see .... This Help mate
      Think you'll find the Fuel shut off on the Injector pump (top, rear)

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 22 February 2009, 22:48.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Weazel, hows things?

All electrical connections are seemingly sound. No chaffed or broken wires, so I think possible sender is breaking down.

If I stick a permanent feed to the solenoid and drive it round it may show if its this that is failing, obviously wont be able to turn it of tho!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Edit
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
            Weazel, hows things?
            Not soo bad mate, Spoze ya into sleepless nights now ?

If I stick a permanent feed to the solenoid and drive it round it may show if its this that is failing, obviously wont be able to turn it of tho!
            Not sure that's a good idea, a phone call to "the main man (Dr Tony might help tho !!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than Five minutes !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Not had sleepless nights since he was 2 months old. He's now 11 months!

Oh and another on the way, but I've been told to keep that quiet! OOPS!

On the surf front, probably not a good idea, but could be fun! Lol! I think an autosparks is the way to go. More flamin' money!
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Don't worry ya secret's safe wiv me ...I won't tell anybody DD

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                X