Help My 3rd gen wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help My 3rd gen wont start.

My 3rd gen intercooled will not start. The CHECK light is on all the time.
    It was fine last night, now it turns over ok but not start. I have disconected the batteries for an hour.
    Where is the ECU situated ?
    Thanks in advance

start with the basics.
    Fuel?
    Ignition?

and i dont mean is there fuel in the tank......
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

try to plug in the tongs or curlers....

nah all joking aside like Gordon just said and otherwise I am sure that there are a few 3rd gen experts coming along soon
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I undid an ijector pipe and diesel is not pumping, plenty of diesel at the filter.
        Shurly it wont go if the orange check light does not go out ?
        I am guessing it is the ECU. I wonder if the intercooler model is a different ECU to the standard.
        If I get somone with diagnostics equipment will this show up any electronic fault ?
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by patzx12 View Post
          Shurly it wont go if the orange check light does not go out ?
          why not? when did the check light come on?
          All the check light does is indicate a fault code has been logged on the ECUs computer, pull the code and it will go a good way to telling you what's up.

I am guessing it is the ECU. I wonder if the intercooler model is a different ECU to the standard.
          I doubt it, probably the exact same, but it could feasibly have a slightly different fuel map, to compensate for cooler, denser air, though that's probably done wholly on the intake temperature sensor and air flow meter.

If I get somone with diagnostics equipment will this show up any electronic fault ?
          Thanks.
          yes, but i wouldn't pay someone £90 an hour to read codes you can do yourself, there'll be instructions on here or the aussie techsite somewhere telling you how to do it, make sure you're reading instructions for a 3 litre / 3rd gen though.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Fixed, it must have been some kind of glitch in the ECU.
            I looked up the fault code reading and connected a pater clip between TE1 - E1 on the diagnostic plug.
            The Check light on the dash was flashing steadily. After I did this the truck fired right up !
            God knows why, maybe this cleared the fault codes.
            The fuel filter was flooded with diesel and it was fairly smoky on start up.

Comment

Working...
            X